Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Nothing really, have not gone anywhere, not until monday.

Then I will carry either a Colt Commander or S&W 4566TSW with 4 spare mags.

A Smith 642 will be my backup as usual.

Been practicing loading drills with both auto's with surgical gloves on, interesting twist.

Inside I don't need to carry, always a gun within arms reach.

Like right now, there is a 1911 is at my elbow.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Ain't leaving the house. Does a Judge sitting eight feet away count as today's "carry?"
Depends on whether it is between you and the door or you are between it and the door, to start.

You know the stats for home invasion turds, they are quite nimble and fast, they be like track runners compared to you.

Eight feet is too far for an old bird, I prefer 8 inches away at the most.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Between me and the door. The door is 12 feet from the Judge.
Bad ratio for an old bird, need it more in your favor.

Being an even older bird, I am set up to do no more than lean, or at max 3 feet from either a handgun or long gun.

Had a black Jeep Cherokee drive by real slow this morning about 6:30, they were scoping the place out I believe.

Assholes can't read the sign, private road no trespassing.

When they slowed to almost a stop in front of the driveway, I picked up a Galil and sent one into the chamber.

No one is allowed here without an advanced call to me, no one, I will not answer the door without pre-arrangement.

Attack dogs need to be locked up first.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Good for you. That is taking responsibility for your own safety, an excellent approach to life.
my wife's Sig P365 is in a drawer right next to her chair, where at this very moment she's looking at her I-Pad.

Most of my weapons are in the bedroom, about 12 feet from where I sit.
But in a desk drawer right next to my recliner, I can literally reach and touch it, is a Colt Police Positive Special chambered for 38 S&W Special.
She's a Third Generation, made in 1972. I'm an official Old Geezer and I like revolvers the best.

I have another Colt PP that I use for a barn yard gun, a First Generation made in 1921 chambered in 32-20.
How many people do you know that regularly carries a one hundred year old gun chambered in an obscure caliber? Nickle plated, too!
Man, I be cool!!!:vs_cool:
Sometimes I carry as a third gun a nickel plated S&W hammerless break top #3 in 32 S&W.

It was brand new (unfired)when given to me 45 years ago, today it is 115 years old.

It is super easy to conceal on me and half the size with its 3 inch barrel of the S&W 642 .

One of the other revolvers at the ready here is a mint S&W Victory model made in 1943 in 38 special.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Just got back from the big city, had a S&W 4566TSW, 4 mags and a 32 S&W hammerless break top as a backup.

There was an Inland M1A1 carbine and 8 mags on the back floor.

Kid had her Glock 17, 2 spare mags and her S&W 442, low threat level where we were.

There is always 50-100 rounds of 9MM, 45ACP and 38 Special +P as residents,

with loaded spare mags for the most carried guns.

However we drove by a demonstration collecting area, empty though, today.

They have been yelling to take down statues in the city, BLM bulshit also comes out of them.

I am never going to get trapped in a demo, I will drive over the bastards if needed, 4WD works well!

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Going to the big city in the AM, I will be carrying a S&W 4566 TSW and a S&W 642, plus an M1A1 carbine in the back seat floor.

Will have 4 spare mags and a speed loader for the 642.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Again I have to leave in the morning, to a different location.

Will be carrying my Sig 228, two 226 mags and my trusty S&W 642 with a speed loader.

Carbines will be in the back.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Must be tough carrying an F-150, real tough if it is wet,

myself I prefer my S&W 3913, which I have on me now with 2 spare mags.

ROM, I have one of those Charters' also and it too is loaded with +P.

I don't carry it, just in a hidden house location if needed.

It was left to me by a passed friend along with 15 other guns.

I never shot it and neither did he.

This is my primary warm weather carry piece, 25 years now.

It can use mags from my police service S&W 639 if needed, but have plenty of dedicated mags for it.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
TCA controller to SR-71, Blackbird1 what is your speed and altitude? reply, 78,000 AGL, IAS 2,100.
TCA, roger, permission to pass over the F-150.

I keep both Grand Cherokees outside all the time, they always start all winter first turn of the key.
Your winters are no worse than those here in the north east.

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
TCA controller to SR-71, Blackbird1 what is your speed and altitude? reply, 78,000 AGL, IAS 2,100.
TCA, roger, permission to pass over the F-150.

I keep both Grand Cherokees outside all the time, they always start all winter first turn of the key.
Your winters are no worse than those here in the north east.
To add to this, in the fall/winter I carry a Sig 228 and a S&W 642, 642 is in coat pocket so I don't have to take it out to use.
At times I carry a S&W 1911 or a Colt Commander along with the 642.
Oh, I wash the undercarriage of my Jeeps myself.

Time to go and make my wonton soup, the kid and dogs love it, plus the old lady neighbors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts