Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The reality is even though you may have enough food for 2-3 months, it will probably run out quicker than you think depending on the situation. Not knowing what you are prepping for, (as shotlady put it) make sure you have a plan "b", and then a plan "c". Contingency plans should be thought of ahead of time and have back ups to those.

As far as your gold and silver (like woadwarrior) I would make sure to have lots of junk silver around. I keep more silver coins around than gold or even just silver. My theory is that if it's really that bad and you need it to acquire needed supplies, there isn't going to be anyone willing to make change for that gold nugget you might have just for a loaf of bread, etc. Silver coins are easy to find, easy to store, and worth more to me than gold. That doesn't mean that I don't have any gold, but I only keep about 10-15% gold for all the silver I keep around.

Even though your neighbors may band together in a disaster, don't be surprised if some of them loose their minds like the multitude of other sheep that are out there too. If you're going to share with them, never let them know exactly what and how much you have. If your neighbors are all making their way to a collection point (for food, water, or whatever) make sure you are in line with them too (even if you don't need it right away). This will keep them thinking that you are in just as bad a shape as they are, and will make it less likely that they will be looking to you for a hand out.

I've got several neighbors that I think would band together too, but I've never talked to any of them about me being prepared. They know that I have the means of protecting myself and family, but that's all they need to know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts