Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With goverment shutdown there were rummors all cash aid and food stamps would be cut until further notice. when i read that i dragged my self to walmart cos i hate walmart but went and bought over hundred dollars worth of can goods.i think im ready for food shortages and now working on stocking up on bottled water. i thought people would start riots and looting grocery stores and. stealing from people coming out from stores.im planning so that if people on aid get cut i dont have to go near any stores for anything and if i have to im ready to shop somebodys arm who gets too close and tries to reach... im dead serious.so what make you say this is it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would consider widespread riots and looting (as in large crowds of over 1,000 people in at least 4 major cities) a trigger. Large riots in just one city or small incidents in several cities are fairly commonplace, though I'd be watching...

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Too many signs to recount, there's new ones everyday. Obummer's trying real hard to throw us all into the meat grinder. Something's gonna snap soon. He wants it that way.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I don't see a cut in food stamps as created a "SHTF" in economic collapse.

What I'd worry about is the UN announcing the "Green Back" currency with a digital supply capable of handling the worlds' trade and Russia, China, and India signing on to begin using it - immediately. Then watch the dollar get dumped and hard. That flood of dollars the elites level would cause them to start buying every hard asset they can get their hands on - and even some not so hard (Stocks would probably soar actually - to sucker in the dollars). I would envision such an announcing as creating a 2 week to 3 month timelock for the economic collapse of the US.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
That's why I tell family members, "if you need any durable goods, buy them now". Won't be too long before the money's not worth spit. They'll pull a Brazil and give you about one third your original holdings in the exchange, and it won't be worth what the dollar was.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I don't think that is the plan; I don't think they plan on dropping the dollar, they merely want to devalue it so the money they pay back in debt service is worth - less than what they got for it. That is why the elites would dump it. Metals would soar ahead of this - the stocks too. The OP asked for "signs" and those are the signs I'd watch for - elites going to tangibles, other currencies, lands, metals - even stocks. Especially stocks in foreign businesses or US companies with substantial foreign interests - think McDonalds.

That's why I tell family members, "if you need any durable goods, buy them now". Won't be too long before the money's not worth spit. They'll pull a Brazil and give you about one third your original holdings in the exchange, and it won't be worth what the dollar was.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I wonder if all the media speculation about riots from the decrease won't actually be the spark for the riots. School shooters get their ideas from somewhere. I can just see all those Louisiana Walmart folks getting together and thinking it'd be a great idea to storm the place over the $36 the gub "owes" them.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
That painted a very giggly image in my head of a bunch of jiggling....okay, I'm just going to stop there before I get myself in trouble.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Technically, benefits aren't being cut. The 2009 Recovery Act’s temporary boost to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits is scheduled to end on November 1. The temporary increase is expiring, nothing is being cut.

I hope everyone understands this. If not, I gonna riot and grab me a new big screen! Yay!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There was a letter circulating from usda instructing states to stop benefits until further notice.after the shutdown ended it changed to just a 34 dollars cut. im was more worried to them getting not stamps at all.the ebt system went down for couple hrs here in cali and people rioted walmart for not taking their ebt as payment.some people even walked out and didnt pay for groceries so no stamps at all i saw it as it would be chaos.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
When they sent out that letter, I was calling the fam telling them to stock up just in case. Things will go absolutely insane if they try it again in January.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
20 years ago I would have said when the government can no longer protect the boarders, But now I guess I would say when the currency collapse.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Any one of a dozen catastrophic events, a combination of a thousand other smaller events or any combination of them.

I actually feel that we are already in the SHTF times. It is just being applies slowly so there is no mass insurrection. The government knows that they can't win a mass problem and that is why they are reducing our rights to privileges and then restricting the privileges. Looks just like Germany in the mid 1920's. (that was before Hitler for those who don't know)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
The signs that would tell me....1) Zonbies eating people's faces on the street. 2) Riots in 4 or 5 major cites simultaneously 3) Widespread power outage for over 3 days with no end in sight. 4) National news repeatedly telling people not to panic. When that happens it is getting close to panic time. 5) National curfews. 6) Government telling everyone to remain in their homes. 7) Threats of martial law. 8) Reports of a large asteroid heading for Earth. 9) A very large space ship hovering over your house. 10) The biggest sign that would tell me that the SHTF is about to happen.....my single sister-in-law moves in with my wife and I.
what does she look like???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts