Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what about medication that uh need to take every month and u want some back stock. Like meds ur body gets addicted to. No not pain pills how can u get back stock. Example trazadone

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if it's not Oct. That's why I'm not taking mine exactly soni have extra

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
I put everything in the deep freeze except for the injectables, they are kept at 33-34 degrees F.

ALL are script meds, 80% supplied by my Doc. brother.

Oh, trazadone is habit forming, I use temazepam.

Have tested some of the antibiotics that are 10+ years old, still work.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The U.S. military tested antibiotics and found that most of them have no "best by" date, i.e., they remain effective for years and years.

Depending on what you're using trazodone for, there may be herbal or possibly even some aromatherapy alternatives.

I take levothyroxine for low thyroid and lisinopril for high blood pressure. I'm not that worried about the lisinopril because lifestyle changes in a SHTF scenario will help alleviate the high blood pressure and there are herbal alternatives, but I'm SOL on the levothyroxine.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The U.S. military tested antibiotics and found that most of them have no "best by" date, i.e., they remain effective for years and years.

Depending on what you're using trazodone for, there may be herbal or possibly even some aromatherapy alternatives.

I take levothyroxine for low thyroid and lisinopril for high blood pressure. I'm not that worried about the lisinopril because lifestyle changes in a SHTF scenario will help alleviate the high blood pressure and there are herbal alternatives, but I'm SOL on the levothyroxine.
Hmm...I think lifestyle changes after SHTF will Raise my blood pressure!! :)

peace,
Michael J.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hmm...I think lifestyle changes after SHTF will Raise my blood pressure!! :)

peace,
Michael J.
No, I don't think so. Most people don't have high blood pressure because of high stress; they have high blood pressure because they're carrying around an excess of abdominal fat and lead mostly sedentary lives. I think a longer term SHTF scenario is going to reverse those lifestyle choices.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
There will be a 'best by' or 'use by' date on the package.
Scripted meds. have a miraculous one year lifespan, read the pharma label when issued and exactly one year later it has expired, what a joke.

The metformin I currently take is of the oldest in my stores of it, 10 years old and still good.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
No, I don't think so. Most people don't have high blood pressure because of high stress; they have high blood pressure because they're carrying around an excess of abdominal fat and lead mostly sedentary lives. I think a longer term SHTF scenario is going to reverse those lifestyle choices.
I am 5'9" and 174 pounds and 79 years old, waist is 34".

Right now for the sake of this conversation I just took my BP, it is 136/80,

both are controlled by Amlodipine Besylate with and Atenolol for pulse rate.

I am not sedentary, I work every other day in my shop on guns, or am doing other things.

I pushed the weight down under 170 over the summer but it did not change the BP.

BUT I still suffer from high BP!

I take my BP twice a day once before meds and 2 hours after meds,

check the O2 saturation level, temp, pulse, and once a week a 4 channel EKG.

Twice a year I do my own limited bloodwork, that is in between the two my doctor has done for SS.

They pretty well match up to each other, clot time is one I watch closely.

·
Registered
743 Posts

I am not sedentary, I work every other day in my shop on guns, or am doing other things.

I pushed the weight down under 170 over the summer but it did not change the BP.

Twice a year I do my own limited bloodwork, that is in between the two my doctor has done for SS.

Sounds like you're in pretty dang good condition for your age.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

You're an anomaly.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
So what about medication that uh need to take every month and u want some back stock. Like meds ur body gets addicted to. No not pain pills how can u get back stock. Example trazadone
My heart and aniti pee pills come in handy. They wont give me enough to stock up.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Yeah that's a problem with all meds, for example I bought some eye drops earlier this year but they only had a shelf life date of 3 months..:)
Looks like you got sucked into buying old stock, my script eyedrops usually have a 3 years shelf life, longer when refrigerated, which mine are.

In a previous post I stated that I tested my antibiotics that were 10+ years old, they did their job in the petri dish against staff-A.

They are held at -20d. F., only the injectables are refrigerated to just above freezing.

The analgesics are easier to test, just take them.:devil:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
You're an anomaly.
I am plagued with migraine headaches, today, I have had two, fighting the second attack right now, having trouble seeing the keys.

I have ocular types, as they advance I loose my vision if not treated soon enough,

already taken the meds for this one, second of the day.

Further, without treatment my head starts cooking and then I become delirious moving into unconsciousness,

temp actually goes up to 102-104.

They ruined my flying career in 1975, sold my plane because of them, it cost more than the house I had at the time.

Meds were developed after the fact for me.

They are the only thing that I am bothered by, had a few when I was around 12- 15 like 2 a year, never gave them a thought.

I got recycled through basic because of one that put me in the army hospital for 4 days,

they found me face down in the mud in a rainstorm while I was on guard duty.

Doctors never did figure it out at the time, I had a 104 temp then, they thought I had some kind of virus.

I have several thousand of the two types of pills I take for them, all but a 100 are in the freezer, I thank my Doc. brother for them.

They are my weak link to being functional at any given time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts