Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Found this at a yard sale today for $1.00. Yeah, 1 friggin dollar. I flipped it on and amazingly it seems to be in perfect condition. The only thing is i cannot get the Laser Pointer to turn on, but that may also just need a battery (Hopefully). Ima pop this bad boy on my AR-15 and take it down to the range sometime in the next few weeks and get it sighted in. If this pans out, that just saved me 200+ bucks to buy a sight !

The only thing that worries me is the brand name, Sight Mark. I have never heard of this brand prior, and have done a little bit of research, and it's mostly up in the air with both good and bad reviews. Has anyone here personally used Sight Mark sights ? My only concern with this is I do not know if this brand is known for certain thing's like short battery life or things along those lines.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably still do something along the lines of what you said Fuzzee, my only complaint (If it can be called a complaint) Is that i'm not and never really have been a fan of holographic sights. Just bulky squares, generally small and not much field of vision whilst looking through, does anyone know of a solid brand of Red Dot that won't break the bank to hard ? Would greatly appreciate it !

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
... does anyone know of a solid brand of Red Dot that won't break the bank to hard ?
Take a look at Bushnell's AR line of optics. I use an AR 1X MP on mine and like it a lot. It was about $150.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get to checking out the battery ASAP. You will likely need to do some cleaning and stabilize the corrosion.
I changed the battery completely, inside looked fine aside from cleaning up a little dust on it.

Take a look at Bushnell's AR line of optics. I use an AR 1X MP on mine and like it a lot. It was about $150.
This is the current sight i'm looking at from that line. Everywhere i've looked that particular Bushnell seems to be highly praised, and for 150 because of Amazon Prime, i'm likely to order in a couple of weeks :D Thank you for turning me on to those sights, most seem solid and highly liked, all that's left to do is to get some first hand experience with them.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
A buck? good deal!
I would tend to use something like that a on a .22RF or a play at the range rifle. If it proved to be reliable then maybe I'd consider mounting it to a more potent rifle like an AR. I've heard good things about the Bushnell line of optics and for a price point wise middle of the road sight that's what I'd look at first.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a BSA Stealth Tactical optic on my M400 AR. Found it at Academy for 119 bucks. Comes with a removable light and laser set up on rails mounted to the red dot and remote pressure switches. You also get 3 different colors for your dot red, green, and blue!:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That is a damn nice scope Igustavas, as well as a beautiful rifle. I've been looking at getting the $190 Nikon P-223 3-9x40.

EDIT - Think i like that mug in the last shot more then anything Igustavas, hehe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts