Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
You're a good Dad. And somewhat sadistic as you knew, there was no ammo. Mean, but curiously amusing.

I like it. ;-)

Reactions: Denton and indie

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You're a good Dad. And somewhat sadistic as you knew, there was no ammo. Mean, but curiously amusing.

I like it. ;-)
Exactly. It would be hell right now to get the first .22 in the house and need to start stocking ammo. I suggest getting familiar with your local armslist.com ammo for sale posters.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Cabelas offered a brick for 17.99 with orders on Monday and sold out. Bass pro offered a brick today for. $25 limit 1 pp and I'm told locally the store was out of them by 6:20 am after opening at 5. I just saw a 5000 round case of CCIs go for $550 in a few moments on CalGun forums. Hang tough and stock up when the deals present themselves and barring another sandy hook they will.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I have 3000 rounds and a semi-auto magazine fed Marlin 795 (with illuminated scope, and an identical spare scope) in like new condition I'm considering selling/trading. I figure around $400 is fair. What do you guys/gals think?

Edit:
You know what, I decided to post it in the forum classifieds.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Wesley,
Is that the Mossberg Tactical .22? I bought one for my son a few years back and it is a fun gun, pretty accurate but a bear to field strip and clean. I have the S&W 15-22 and field stripping the S&W is much easier just like an AR 15. The Mossberg is quite different. Check out some You tube videos before you clean it, will save you some aggravation. If possible, cancel your order for the Mossy and buy the Smith & Wesson. You will be pleased I assure you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wesley,
Is that the Mossberg Tactical .22? I bought one for my son a few years back and it is a fun gun, pretty accurate but a bear to field strip and clean. I have the S&W 15-22 and field stripping the S&W is much easier just like an AR 15. The Mossberg is quite different. Check out some You tube videos before you clean it, will save you some aggravation. If possible, cancel your order for the Mossy and buy the Smith & Wesson. You will be pleased I assure you.
I am pretty good about doing my research before I buy something, I have watched several you-tube videos on it and read a ton of reviews on it. from everything I read if you clean it really well when you first get it that solves about 3/4 of the problems with it. Honestly at the price of the M&P I could just buy a enterly level AR, Sportsmanswarehouse yesterday was running a special for $549 for a basic AR.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I like it. ;-)
Exactly. It would be hell right now to get the first .22 in the house and need to start stocking ammo. I suggest getting familiar with your local armslist.com ammo for sale posters.
If this was my only gun for sure it would suck but I am sitting on over 7000 rounds for my other rifles combined. If I can pick a brick up here and there for her we will be just fine.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
No offense meant Wes, just my opinion since I have experience with both guns. Don't get me wrong, the Mossy is a good gun but I really like the SW. I think I paid around 400 for the SW but that was a few years ago shortly after they came out. My son loves it (other than cleaning). If I remember I paid around 250 for the Mossberg and I saw one listed at Academy Sports for 249 today. Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts