Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
Staying alive
515 Posts
"They" say that 80% are now wearing masks. and that masks work.
If that is true-- why are the case numbers going up??
Nobody is wearing masks in Florida, I was just there. Everything is opened up and it actually feels normal there, at least where I was. I'm pretty sure there are 25-26 states that have a higher rate than they do. And Florida has a very high rate of seniors.

·
Registered
830 Posts
1. I am fine with a mask, actually, I enjoy it. With a hat and a hoodie, I can cover 90% of my face, hard to identify.
2. I also like social distancing, because I don't want people in my space or bumping into me.

This forum is about as close as I care to get to people anymore. No disrespect to anyone, but good fences make good neighbors.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
1. I am fine with a mask, actually, I enjoy it. With a hat and a hoodie, I can cover 90% of my face, hard to identify.
Personally, I absolutely hate masks.
And...I have no reason to cover my face. They can identify me all they want.

Reactions: hawgrider

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
I made an appointment at my Orthopedic for this am. When I made the appointment I reminded them of the fact that I do not wear a mask. Persuant to the Americans With Disability Act, I told them I was confident that I would be accomodated and not harassed. The appointment person assured me that I would not be harrassed. We will see in a few hours...

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I have been using a mom-and-pop barber shop for years. It’s operated by a husband and wife team, both over 65 years old. Of course they were shut down over much of last year. When they reopened it was with mandatory masks. Yesterday masks were optional and zero people in the shop were masked. People are getting tired of this crap.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Iowa lifted it mask mandate but the only place you see people not wearing them is in the bars when I went to shoot pool. They have gotten people so freaking scared to death I think some will wear masks
forever. By over and false reporting this virus which if you factor that in has still only killed about .1%, same as the flu, the requiring people to wear a mask has been to just a test to see how compliant people will be for their upcoming marxist transformation. Pretty dam complaint if you ask me. Business's restrict customers even when it means they can't make the bills and are in danger of closing. Keeping kids out of school in a school system that is already failing. Isolating people so they can't group together and talk about how awful our new government is, and they are making that illegal also. Free speech being eliminated. To me, in my humble opinion this virus was just a practice drill for what is to come and to see how difficult it will be to control the masses. And most will blindly fall behind, baaa baaa ba.

·
Banned
5,063 Posts

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
I have been using a mom-and-pop barber shop for years. It's operated by a husband and wife team, both over 65 years old. Of course they were shut down over much of last year. When they reopened it was with mandatory masks. Yesterday masks were optional and zero people in the shop were masked. People are getting tired of this crap.
The first haircut I got after months of everyone being shut down, the old-fashion barber shop I go to had the obligatory sign up on the door. I went in and there were about 8 of us waiting for a haircut. Only one was wearing a mask and both barbers weren't either.

We have been hoodwinked once again.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
2. I also like social distancing, because I don't want people in my space or bumping into me.

This forum is about as close as I care to get to people anymore. No disrespect to anyone, but good fences make good neighbors.
Personally, I absolutely hate masks.
And...I have no reason to cover my face. They can identify me all they want.
Yeah, I am pretty. It would be a diservice to the world to cover up this piece of art!! (for the record: Most people starting a phrase "a piece of" about me DO NOT end it in "of art".) :vs_wave:

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
I made an appointment at my Orthopedic for this am. When I made the appointment I reminded them of the fact that I do not wear a mask. Persuant to the Americans With Disability Act, I told them I was confident that I would be accomodated and not harassed. The appointment person assured me that I would not be harrassed. We will see in a few hours...
Arrived 15 minutes early for my doctor appointment (1st appointment of the day) and receptionist did not say anything about mask. Paid Co-Pay and was told to sit near the door. No on harrassed me.

About 1 Minuted before I was called back to the XRay room, a nurse asked if I would mind wearing a mask for the XRay and Procedure. At this point I was pleased with the reception at the front desk/lobby, so I agreed to wear the mask for the medical part of things.

Got my XRays, Doc came in and gave me my Cortisone shot and I was on my way. Doc's mask was hanging down over her nose for most of the procedure and we did not discuss COVID.

Mission Accomplished in my opinion.:vs_closedeyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't wear masks. Practically no one does where I live.
Seeing people All Alone on their bike or Motor or even jogging solo (!), and wearing a mask; well, all I can think of is 'Darwin Awards'.
I wore one at church tonight for Bible study, but only out of respect for my elders who are $#!t scared of catching it, and TBH, because of societal pressure.
But. No. Not. A. Mask. Fan.
In Principle nor Practise.
And, in any vax neither. I will take my chances, thx.
Just my 2cents.
x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good Lord! I am a Christian myself, but that is long winded bloviation.
Trivia question....what is the biblical definition of a Christian...hint it ain't believing for Simon the sorcerer believed and Peter said he would perish in hell...a true Christina definition can be found in the book of Romans if you care to look...

Its been well said today, the only thing worse than an unbeliever is an unbeliever that thinks they are saved....

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,504 Posts
Trivia question....what is the biblical definition of a Christian...hint it ain't believing for Simon the sorcerer believed and Peter said he would perish in hell...a true Christina definition can be found in the book of Romans if you care to look...

Its been well said today, the only thing worse than an unbeliever is an unbeliever that thinks they are saved....
The only true Christian was murdered on a cross.
The rest of us are just trying our best to imitate, and we all fail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Both the CDC and the WHO did a study into the efficacy of masks to fight the flu pandemic. This was in 2017. The conclusion? Masks had very little measurable efficacy against the spread of the flu virus. Keep in mind the covid virus cell is SMALLER than the flu cell. Believe what you want about wearing masks but even common sense will tell you that if the filter medium is bigger than the contaminant then the contaminant can get through. Factor in the huge gaps around the sides of masks and you are doing nothing but virtue signaling. The CDC has come out recently saying as much. Masks as used by the average person has little to NO effect in controlling a virus. Consider the numbers of times a day you touch the wet surface of that mask then cross contaminate surfaces in your environment and a very good case for mask actually increasing spread can be made..

·
Registered
7 Posts
if the virus in question was actually a deadly virus then NO I would NOT trust a N95 that would be foolhardy. Would I wear it if its all I had?? MAYBE with certain modifcations to it. Id opt for a full face respirator with a p100 cartridge

·
Registered
654 Posts
I see less and less people wearing masks ( myself included) and everybody is NOT dieing, so I have to conclude that masks really don't do much. I inteface with college students alot and have not worn a mask since the start. I have yet to get Covid, so No I don't think mask do anything. If we should have another global pandemic of a more fatal pathogen, I will just stay away from everyone and maybe try to find a good repirator, but I won't trust a mask. About the only people I see wearing masks are the Asian College Students, What's that tell you ?

61 - 80 of 82 Posts