Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very thought provoking question, 5runner, and welcome to the forum… If/when in a SHTF situation, my thoughts are your true wealth will be in your group, and its ability to acquire and furnish “stuff”. Wealth today is not mobile. Wealth as a rule is not mobile. It is measured in “stuff”… Homes, paintings, gold, silver, cars, etc… Sure, you have your gold card, and you can get more “stuff”, but you bring that “home” and put it in your pile with your other “stuff”…
Even if you have an M35 to haul your prepping “stuff” around, IF YOU ARE ON THE MOVE, it will be noisy, alerting folks to your arrival, subject to theft or confiscation by others. Best bet, IMHO, is going to be a defendable “home”, or BOL, and a good group, like Smitty has with the ability to “acquire”, … be it from abandoned sites, roaming groups/individuals, other stationary groups… and get it back to “home”. Your guns and ammo aren’t wealth, just like today, they are tools. (Although all tools are worth SOMETHING.) There will always be someone that can take your tools and other “stuff” away from you. You must make the cost of that venture very high for them…
So, I guess my short answer will be your wealth will be in your training, and willingness to use that training and your tools to your benefit.
Damn, that is the most I have said in a long time… I need to catch my breath… These thoughts are subject to change…

1 - 1 of 1 Posts