Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out to continue working on pete's atv this time he had a surprise waiting for me- he shot a yote from his bedroom window near the poultry barn. (I love going there, never a dull moment)

It was a fairly big yote, around 50lbs. He hit him right in the head and neck with buckshot the carcass was maybe five hours old I was like yo- let's eat it. His cousin Galen was all about it, like yep let's do it up! So we got online with our phones and looked up dog recipes. You would be *shocked* at how many we found.

So we got all the bodywork off with a little finagling, took the tank off all that got her stripped down then cleaned the carcass. CAREFULLY. Oh so carefully. BY this time we were about two sheets to the wind constantly laughing as we butchered the dog, we agreed on a recipe from Korea that looked good- lemongrass dog. We were like (%*^% it! we're doing this.

Lemongrass, fish sauce, salt, lime juice, lime zest for the finish, sugar. We had his mom run to the store and damned if she didn't find exactly the stuff with a bonus- szechuan peppercorns it was all there at the asian section. We had to make due with the dried lemongrass powder but hey what do you want.

We marinated a leg for about three hours while we set up some trap sets, some various meaty bits like the cheek meat and loins. We came back it looked even worse than before- tinged with white, kinda like beef or lamb with a fattyness to it. It called for stiry frying and I know my wokking but when he brought out a discada (big cowboy wok with a propane burner under it) I was like ok this I can work with.

We set to it under duress of another couple beers and I start cooking. We're dreading it but laughing our asses off. I will omit the many racial epithets and stupid Asian impressions we did. I was calling myself hop-sing.

So it hits this gorgeous wok-thing sizzling like hell, I start doing my hibachi chef impersonation slapping around the spatula and toss in broccoli, onions, bean sprouts and bell pepper. start stirring it around and whoa. Even his mom (who was horrified) was like damn that smells good. His dad was laughing his ass off as I pulled a Martin Yan on that shit.

Finish up with a hit of soy sauce, lay it out on some plates ok. We're at this point like hell why not so we try it.

It was so friggin good y'all, I cleaned my plate and pete did too. It was like beef or something very tender very tasty. All of us remarked on how palatable it was. We did detect on a few fatty morsels a kinda off-putting skunky flavor aftertaste but Galen totally nailed it when he goes "It's like duck". It was, it was a dark meat with a very delicate texture. I am imagining the dog shit note we were tasting was due to the bulk of it being that back leg. But just the same it overall was a winner.

Survival food? Totally! Fat content? There. Flavor? There. Hard to cook? Not at all. Do it again? You bet. Very eye opening but the founding fathers ate several dogs during the war and as mike put it- hell if they ate it can't be half bad. It really wasn't. If I had put that in front of you and not said what it was, one would think it's beef. We all laughed that maybe we'd ate it before and not known it. All Asian bashing aside it was an eye opener, I tossed out five carcasses I probably could have eaten.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I rather see people eat their kill than laugh at it and not eat it like most do. Kill it quick. Get rid of the uneadible respectfully.

Makes me lose faith in the human race more when they dont eat what they kill.
I am not eating every possum, groundhog, or armadillo I kill. Or snake.
And if I catch my neighbor's dog after my chickens or goats, I'm not eating him, either.

Guess I lost your respect, huh?

·
Administrator
14,696 Posts
I had a Vietnamese mama-san tell me the best tasting dogs were small, about 20 pounds, and black in color.

But then, they also boiled up fish heads that had been set out in the sun for a couple of days to get ripe to make fish sauce for their cooking.
Anyone who has ever smelled nouc mam cooking could tell you that's some nasty stuff.
Right, Dwight??

·
Banned
5,001 Posts
I personally have no problem with killing things in self defense.

But generally a opossum is gonna be a opossum, a groundhog is gonna be a groundhog, an armadillo is goinna be a armadillo, and a snake is gonna be a snake. They do what they do to survive, because they do not have a grocery store to go get food from.

They aint like a "brotha"...whose gonna break in your house, rape your wife while youre gagged and forced to watch, and kill her and your family.

If you have problems with animals going in your garden..you can make deterrents. You cant expect to have a big garden and have no animals to bother it. You cant expect to have a chicken/goats roam free and some animal not chase it and kill it. Build an electric fence and put down enough to where a dog wont dig under it. Put some mules in there as well to protect the goats...many people dont think about mules and how theyre territorial.

You protect your investments humanely...shoot the dog with a pellet gun or paint ball gun or tell your sorry ass neighbor about their dog.

People think that they can live in the middle of the woods and have no problem with animals...well theyre ****ing retarded.

Generally old folks planted enough food in their gardens for themselves as well as the animals.

You would take advantage of situations if you had nothing to eat wouldnt you?
^^ Vegan PETA member.^^ Watches and donates to the animal cruelty commercials on TV

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Leon, you are a hoot and I really enjoy your posts when you visit a friend.

I ate dog once out in CA. It was a Mexican meal but not particularly good in my opinion. Stringy, with little fat and a bit of an off flavor but I was hungry and it was the only food available. A Mexican friend was also there and he later said it was so stringy because it was an older small dog, the larger dogs were much more tender.
Anyway keep up the fun posts. @Leon

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
@no one:

Tell ya what, crotchbite, when I get off the road to fight, we can discuss this. U til then, you live your life, I'll live mine, and you can go take a flying f at a rolling donut.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
So I went out to continue working on pete's atv this time he had a surprise waiting for me- he shot a yote from his bedroom window near the poultry barn. (I love going there, never a dull moment)

It was a fairly big yote, around 50lbs. He hit him right in the head and neck with buckshot the carcass was maybe five hours old I was like yo- let's eat it. His cousin Galen was all about it, like yep let's do it up! So we got online with our phones and looked up dog recipes. You would be *shocked* at how many we found.

So we got all the bodywork off with a little finagling, took the tank off all that got her stripped down then cleaned the carcass. CAREFULLY. Oh so carefully. BY this time we were about two sheets to the wind constantly laughing as we butchered the dog, we agreed on a recipe from Korea that looked good- lemongrass dog. We were like (%*^% it! we're doing this.

Lemongrass, fish sauce, salt, lime juice, lime zest for the finish, sugar. We had his mom run to the store and damned if she didn't find exactly the stuff with a bonus- szechuan peppercorns it was all there at the asian section. We had to make due with the dried lemongrass powder but hey what do you want.

We marinated a leg for about three hours while we set up some trap sets, some various meaty bits like the cheek meat and loins. We came back it looked even worse than before- tinged with white, kinda like beef or lamb with a fattyness to it. It called for stiry frying and I know my wokking but when he brought out a discada (big cowboy wok with a propane burner under it) I was like ok this I can work with.

We set to it under duress of another couple beers and I start cooking. We're dreading it but laughing our asses off. I will omit the many racial epithets and stupid Asian impressions we did. I was calling myself hop-sing.

So it hits this gorgeous wok-thing sizzling like hell, I start doing my hibachi chef impersonation slapping around the spatula and toss in broccoli, onions, bean sprouts and bell pepper. start stirring it around and whoa. Even his mom (who was horrified) was like damn that smells good. His dad was laughing his ass off as I pulled a Martin Yan on that shit.

Finish up with a hit of soy sauce, lay it out on some plates ok. We're at this point like hell why not so we try it.

It was so friggin good y'all, I cleaned my plate and pete did too. It was like beef or something very tender very tasty. All of us remarked on how palatable it was. We did detect on a few fatty morsels a kinda off-putting skunky flavor aftertaste but Galen totally nailed it when he goes "It's like duck". It was, it was a dark meat with a very delicate texture. I am imagining the dog shit note we were tasting was due to the bulk of it being that back leg. But just the same it overall was a winner.

Survival food? Totally! Fat content? There. Flavor? There. Hard to cook? Not at all. Do it again? You bet. Very eye opening but the founding fathers ate several dogs during the war and as mike put it- hell if they ate it can't be half bad. It really wasn't. If I had put that in front of you and not said what it was, one would think it's beef. We all laughed that maybe we'd ate it before and not known it. All Asian bashing aside it was an eye opener, I tossed out five carcasses I probably could have eaten.
I have pretty good info its also very tasty to be smoked up a short while and then wrapped up in the Noo Yawk Crutch (aka tinfoil) with butter half a beer and onons and allowed to chuckle away on a low fire till it dies and gives up. It was a practical joke thing but the eaters thought was tasty until the jokester showed them the three legged coyote carcass.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have pretty good info its also very tasty to be smoked up a short while and then wrapped up in the Noo Yawk Crutch (aka tinfoil) with butter half a beer and onons and allowed to chuckle away on a low fire till it dies and gives up. It was a practical joke thing but the eaters thought was tasty until the jokester showed them the three legged coyote carcass.
Ohhhh!

·
Registered
11,937 Posts
@no one:

Tell ya what, crotchbite, when I get off the road to fight, we can discuss this. U til then, you live your life, I'll live mine, and you can go take a flying f at a rolling donut.
Dont worry cum dumpster. Ill be here. Say when.
Gather around boys ... we got us a bonafide pissin' contest a fixin' to kick off! Who you got your money on ... crotchbite or cum dumpster? :vs_lol:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I personally have no problem with killing things in self defense.

But generally a opossum is gonna be a opossum, a groundhog is gonna be a groundhog, an armadillo is goinna be a armadillo, and a snake is gonna be a snake. They do what they do to survive, because they do not have a grocery store to go get food from.

They aint like a "brotha"...whose gonna break in your house, rape your wife while youre gagged and forced to watch, and kill her and your family.

If you have problems with animals going in your garden..you can make deterrents. You cant expect to have a big garden and have no animals to bother it. You cant expect to have a chicken/goats roam free and some animal not chase it and kill it. Build an electric fence and put down enough to where a dog wont dig under it. Put some mules in there as well to protect the goats...many people dont think about mules and how theyre territorial.

You protect your investments humanely...shoot the dog with a pellet gun or paint ball gun or tell your sorry ass neighbor about their dog.

People think that they can live in the middle of the woods and have no problem with animals...well theyre ****ing retarded.

Generally old folks planted enough food in their gardens for themselves as well as the animals.

You would take advantage of situations if you had nothing to eat wouldnt you?
1. I have a Pyrenees to protect the goats. I called my dog off the neighbors dog so the german shepherd dog wouldn't be killed. I have warned the neighbor, and so has the sheriff. Good enough for me.
2. I do keep my personal garden under good fence that rabbits can't get in.
3. Plant and extra for the animals? What kind d of friggin Disney movie you watching? ***** will decimate a corn patch. They don't take a neighbourly share.
4. I said I wasn't going to every one I killed. (Well...no to a possum) but spare me the wasted meat routine. ****, groundhog, and armadillo are fair food if I or the guy leasing my pasture want them.

So, most regulars around here know my credentials, what's yours, other than being a jizz gurgling gutter slut that wants to preach the gospel of PETA?

And the countdown to me getting banned starts......now.

Reactions: SOCOM42

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The damned possums play hell with my chicks and ducklings. The roosters keep them away from the hens, but they got in my feed sheds and the brooders. Now I have the brooders under lock but I still don't like to chance it. And dog has been on possum patrol too. She's been a help since we gave her access to the poultry yard.

By the way, when you go to kiss my ass, that's a hemorrhoid, not an everlasting gobstopper. So don't get too excited.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Ah. I figured it would be convenient for you to kiss if I stood at the top of the stairs when you came up out of your mommy's basement.

Possums climb.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Over the top of the fence is where they climb, not through a hole, pizzle licker.
And I've tried electric around d the top. I was sure that would work. So far, my best weapon has been allowing the Pyrenees run of everything. Haven't had a predator problem in months now. Well for the most part...lost one chicken to a ****, lost one **** to the dog. Bitch collects trophies and presents them to me like a cat...

What the hell is with the werewolf SS stuff? In to alt history, basement boy?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Screw it. We already derailed the thread.

What kind of alt history?

Bolshevik scum he says..sheesh...next he'll be shipping g out his space Marines...

·
Administrator
14,696 Posts
Wife caught a possum in one of the hen's laying boxes stealing eggs. She always carries a 38 Special snubnose in her pocket. You know what? A CCI shot shell to the face from 5 feet and it was lights out for the possum. She shot 3 more times to make sure (been living with a combat vet too long, I guess).

Oh, No One, I don't have to take any crap from anyone, so keep in mind I'm one of the Keepers of the Ban Hammer.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts