Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
This guy is correct. I encourage all to watch this vid and comment.

Yep, we are so soft they should call us "The Ten-Ply Generation". I think about what my grandparents went through. The depression, WW2... They didn't gripe about it they just got on with the job.

Was talking to my wife the other day about the state of the world an we both agreed that it's a good thing that they are gone as they would be horrified to see what has become of the world.

Godspeed.

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Who are you defining? Is it the baby-boomers or the kids that came after?

I'll agree with one thing, the boomers that I met in college were having a gay old time. Of course, then they graduated and all found jobs that paid more than their fathers made. And let's not forget, for all of the "anti-Vietnam" stuff I heard, boomers of my generation also were the numerous entries who drove the Vietnamese back across the border.

I spent five years in and around Bascom Hill and just about every new building that went up in double time. Yes, there was marching and chanting, I peg that crowd to be about 400 rabble rousers, the rest were just observers.

In short, that entire crowd is now about 72 years of age. We went to the 'burbs and got married...

·
Administrator
15,381 Posts
Don't count me in the "weak" crowd.
I showed up, raised my right hand, and went to war.
Blame the sissies who ran to Canada, or hid behind student deferments in college. Or were connected enough to get doctor's notes (Biden, Trump)

·
Registered
101 Posts
With the breakdown of the family unit many of todays kids have no survival skills. They play computer games and can't sharpen a knife, know gun safety or start a fire. If you took away their "TOYS" they would be lost.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used to do some “father-son/daughter” hikes on our property to teach basic navigation using a compass, making a fire and then cooking food on it and building a basic shelter. I was amazed that many of the dads knew less than their kids. I met some guys who couldn’t pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom. It’s sad to think they are expected to lead their families.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was a big weirdo geek that believed the depression survivors and learned everything i could my whole life. I look at the years of hedonism when i was young and still, always doing and learning something better all my life. I already know how it will pretty much be and just want it to be the best i can manage?
So even though i don't really have a personality or big pleasure satisfaction life, I am a swiss army knife with an md and kung fu?
Doesn't mean I won't starve? Does grant some level of primitive confidence.

But I think awareness and numbers matter a lot. People survived the last one just by being "jack be nimble" and aware of their surroundings and what they thought was "next". Having 4 or more to keep shooting them off the house without getting very excited about it and keeping away from target spots?
The whole "hoomanity!" thing is psychological and you will heal, just as soon as you see some of the "hoomanity" and maybe you get a few a puke one the first time? You will be fine once you get your motor running. Still boys. Get a "Survival, Evasion and Escape" to fix your psychology

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Said RPD: "Don't count me in the "weak" crowd."

Technically, don't count me, either. I rode heavy Harleys, found five different ways to invoke pain, lifted weights and polished knives for simple fun.

Just about the time my doctor listened to my chest he told me I was "asthmatic." He might send me to some woebegone place, but overall finishing college would be a better move. By the time I graduated college the new breed of incoming frosh had a new pet-peeve. That being, "Where can we find decent drugs on a Saturday night?"

I moved to Mifflin/Bassett and built a new bike...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used to do some “father-son/daughter” hikes on our property to teach basic navigation using a compass, making a fire and then cooking food on it and building a basic shelter. I was amazed that many of the dads knew less than their kids. I met some guys who couldn’t pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom. It’s sad to think they are expected to lead their families.
I'm trying to teach my kids survival skills and attitude. They are the ones who will inherit the mess we've made... they're going to be the strong ones shaped by bad times.

·
Administrator
15,381 Posts
I have two daughters that are self sufficient, tough, women.
I have three step sons. One is LEO, one is a Game & Fish officer, one is an engineer who built his own airplane in his spare time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have two daughters that are self sufficient, tough, women.
I have three step sons. One is LEO, one is a Game & Fish officer, one is an engineer who built his own airplane in his spare time.
Congratulations. I hope I do as well. Mine are 14 and 12, and 8 months. The 14 year old is an honor student and taekwondo medalist. The 2nd is aiming at computer engineering and we spent much of the summer learning to use firearms. Neither one will ever be led around by the nose, by people telling them pretty lies. We're getting there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts