Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm referring to the uber salty canned corn beef you see on the shelves that comes from Argentina or Brazil!
Let's say you're the assigned gourmet cook of your group or colony. Use what's in your stockpile.

How would your entrée dish be like, featuring corn beef? Include the recipe(s) please.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
As is along side some eggs

Reactions: charito

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
fried up with a bunch of taters with eggs slathered in Frank's on the side.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I love the stuff sometimes. I saute it up with some onions and diced potatoes with plenty of pepper. Then it goes along side of eggs,grits(sometimes I mix it in grits) and some sweet cornbread cooked in cast iron with bacon grease!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Corned beef (1 can for three people), 1/2 cabbage (for three people), 2 eight ounce potatoes (for three people), a medium carrot for each person, Pepper (black or white)
Slice the cabbage into wedges, cut the potatoes into 1" cubes, slice carrots 3/8" thick, separate the beef into three sections.
Place the ingredients into a covered pot (dutch oven works well) fill with enough water to half cover the ingredients. Bring it to a boil and then simmer until carrots and potatoes are just tender. Pepper to taste (you might wish to add salt but I find it is not needed for my tastes)

You can add onions and peas to the pot to spread the meal for more people and serve with fresh sourdough bread or rolls.

The broth that is left is a great start for vegetable soups and stews.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yummy! I love canned corn beef!

I saute' it with garlic and lots of sliced onions, serve it with steamed rice, with sweet pickles on the side. Any sweet pickle will do, even pickled beets. I love sweet and salty stuffs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts