Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a handy little item that I've had for years. It's the K&M Industries, Inc. waterproof match case.
K&M, a family operated business manufactures quality match cases out of aluminum and brass. The one pictured here is aluminum. According to their website they are now making them for the Air Force.
Each case comes with two spare O rings and a extra lanyard. The top or lid contains a very nice button compass. This little item stores nicely in my bug out bag. Check them out at http://www.kmmatchcase.com
[attachment=1:1k778jrg]Boy Scout Field Manual 007 (640x480).jpg[/attachment:1k778jrg]
[attachment=0:1k778jrg]Boy Scout Field Manual 008 (640x480).jpg[/attachment:1k778jrg]

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one of these, but its not as nice as yours. Mine came from wal-mart and was about four bucks. I bought some for my grandkids also when we went on a camping trip. The ones walmart has is plastic. Huf! Thats China for ya!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yarhei said:
I have one of these, but its not as nice as yours. Mine came from wal-mart and was about four bucks. I bought some for my grandkids also when we went on a camping trip. The ones walmart has is plastic. Huf! Thats China for ya!
dang! I got mine from wal-mart for $1. Orange plastic case with gasket, included waterproof matches!

·
Registered
693 Posts
How is the quality of that compass? I'd think about getting one of these but my experiences with small compasses has been anything but reliable.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The compass is actually very good. It's made by Suunto which makes some really good field compasses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts