Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a single mom so im prepping with a really low budget. Im wondering how to save water in soda bottles since I cant afford those big gallons and filters.how do I know water is good to drink? I looked all over web and all I found was keeping it in dark place.i live in an apartment so my preps are all over.any advice is welcome.thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
I prep on low budget and even a camping filtration system is a must have to any prep stock. You cant carry alot of water so being able to purify it is a must. Blaeching water. Iodone tablets and first and most importantly is boil for 10-15 minutes any unpotable water first.

If you have no intention of moving from your location (not wise from a prep standpoint. Part of the moral is have a plan and a backup plan and a back up plan for that plan). Then rotating bottle water is likely adequate for any natural disaster scenarios. If you google theres alot of rainwater catch systems that can be built somewhat cheaply.

Myself Im still getting my potable water backups completed then plan to do the rainwater catch system as I live in a wet climate although this year has been extremely dry. I also have well water and theres a guy here that sells hand pumps for existing wells. But its out of my price range. Its still a superb backup for a wellsystem, that depends on electric to pump water.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly dont have a bug out location,all I have is a tent and I keep my tank no less than half so far my plan is pack the boxes I have prepped with assorted foods,some water and just go to the mountains.im kinda new to all this,sorry if it sounds kinda dumb.

·
Registered
154 Posts
then the system I mentioned above would let you renew your fresh water from a stream or pond, or collecting from the top of your tent run off. The buckets could e used as storage until you need to filter water.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
how long can you keepbottled water?

its okay miho at least you have something going on, it waill all fall together. most people dont have a tent or a bottle of water, but they have three kids theyd have to protect and provide for. its a start... and water is a huge prepp to be thinking about!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts