Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sharing this as a though I had - how to minimize the carry of self defence weapon and ¨healing tool¨ for any occasion - even formal evening out. I am convinced generally in another healing art more, but here the question comes for the case when really nothing else is around. Here it is:

SUJOK : Sujok is a Korean healing art, which is not very popular outside of Korea and Russia, but is very easy to be learned, can generally address variety of issues due to its wholistical nature AND do not require any special consumatives or tools. We are not discussing its effectiveness here - due to its simplicity anyone can try it for himself and finds out if it´s OK or not. More about Sujok in Wikipedia: (no link because of forum limitation for new members!)
It is generally clone of the asian reflexotherapy, but uses extremely easy to understand and remember projection of the whole body on the palms and feets. Quickly found picture in the net as example:
(no link because of forum limitation for new members!)
and an online atlas to play with (and short instruction how to apply Sujok is in the help):
(no link because of forum limitation for new members!)
Generally, once understood, no atlas ot book is needed around. The most easy way to apply Sujok is massage of reflection points (acupressure), using ¨diagnostics stick¨ or even fingers when nothing else is around. Apropos stick - here comes the next part:

KUBOTAN : Generally considered as a self-defense weapon, the kubotan could be very effective in close combat situations, giving advantage even to the weakest to compensate the physical strength with skill. It is compact and generally well tolerated, so it is an EDC object which anyone can have. As the post is in the ¨First Aid¨ section, I will write even less for this aspect of the combination - just google or look in youtube for ¨kubotan¨ and let the search results convince you.

On the picture below, you can see an aluminium kobotan fom def-stick.de, an original steel diagnostics stick for Sujok and a tactical pen from Schrade (practically a kubotan dressed like a pen). All 3 have very similar pointed ends as form and size, so applying any of the 3 for Sujok will have the same effect. But not for the self-defense - then you can consider only the kubotan and the tactical pen as suitable :)

Wearing a pointed kubotan or a tactical pen in the pocket, plus the knowledge to use Sujok, can give in very compact format an effective self defense weapon AND first-aid kit.

Attachments

·
Banned
359 Posts
How did you first learn about these things? It's very interesting, I haven't come across anything quite like them in my life. If I'm being nosy, just say so. :vs_wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for not writing a long time. As a new member I couldn´t put the links, but I am sure everyone who is interested could run a google search. I may be able to give some more details in case of interest,

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
First it's massage theraphy and a short stiff stick.

James bond was able to carry a walther ppk in evening cloths. So if he can do it so can I.

Also a bandanna is a much better first aid tool especially if your shot or cut

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
I haven't done any searches and have no idea what this thing is.

With that said...I know there are ways to painfully disable a person with a short "stick".

It takes know-how and practice.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
so basically it is a type of acupuncture -there is a tool less one called G-Jo it is similar by using pressure point to alleviate pain or anxiety.
kubotan is useful and can be devastating -several items can be used in place of one I carry a 8 inch spent light stick for this purpose but you have to be quick and get them by surprise.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
only problem with these systems is-how do you splint a broken arm or leg? how do you stop arterial bleeding? can you use it for CPR? can you pull out a 4 inch splinter with it with out the kid screaming in your ear?
I know the system is useful don't get me wrong but it is limited in both areas self defense and medicine.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Warrior and Healer = Combat life save.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, there is no system which can do it all. If you have the full arsenal of medications, you still can not fix a broken leg or cure tooth caries. My intention was to point out how to use a single very compact EDC object for two completely radial needs. BTW, if I need to use only one healing system, I would stick to some holistic method, which provokes the own immune system to heal the body. More and more the ¨conventional¨ medicine discovers the fact, that what the immune system can heal, no medication can (just look on the recent developments of immunotherapy). Which the traditional (older, not official of today standards) medicine was using always. Examples for this are : homeopathy, acupunture, reflexotherapy and in this regard - newer system like Scenar and SuJok. Even the vaccination rely on the same principle. At the end, medically documented results of healing with SoJok address practically any kind of ailments - from flu to diabetes and more.
BTW - I am using homeopathy since more than 10 years and I am convinced it is working and it is quite universal method - exactly because it provokes reaction of the immune system, which is believed can cure almost everything. But homeopathy is not so easy, especially in SHTF situation. You need the medicines and you need the knowledge. The last is extremely important - my first experience with homeopathy was very negative, as it didn´t had ANY effect. Not positive, not negative, nothing. And it was because of the doctor (in my country, only MD are allowed to practice any other healing art - including homeopathy and sujok). A couple of years later I tried again, due to absolute inability of the official medicine to cope with the problem. With another practicioner - and the results were amazing. I have learned since then a lot, but still I can self-help very limited and always go back to my doctor to consult again.
And sujok is very easy (at least the basic system), you can practice alone and you don´t need any medications.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts