Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tennessee authorities are warning people against picking up folded dollar bills they see on the ground due to the risk of surprise fentanyl poisoning. This is just one more terrible consequence of Biden’s open border policies. Over the course of three years, there has been a 4,000 percent increase in fentanyl seizures. Furthermore, fentanyl killed more than 70,000 Americans just last year. It’s time to prioritize the safety of Americans, and this begins with a secure southern border.

You know that's aimed at kids right? Before they go knocking door to door for guns they need to be knocking door to door for drugs.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
To Marsha: Thanks for the update. I've been a little off the items here over time--actually lots of 'time'--and sadly I do not know the bizarre epics of today's "druggies." Consider problems with druggies and sellers of my era--some thirty years ago. If a guy got pushy over drugs he got bounced and no one cared. Now it's a major illegal sales operation.

One day I was walking across Bascom Hill in Madison. I got up the hill and realized that most of the kids my age at the time were high on something--or anything. My dad was kind enough to get me a "dock donkey's" job moving skid pallets for truckers, as adults abhorred drugs of the past. While this might sound tedious, but I wonder how many of the 1960's guys of the time actually survived. Drug dealers of that time sold anything that even appeared like 'expensive drugs.' Too bad we never sent them packing.

I hope the past I know has failed, and has become a kinder place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What mental gymnastics does one have to go through to connect those two (drug-laced folded-up money and open borders)?
Not much really. The drugs are pouring across the border because it is unsecured. I am guessing that they are referring to drug users rolling up the bills to snort the drugs.

I usually have a Leatherman's tool in my pocket. Use that to pick up the money and then rinse carefully.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Not much really. The drugs are pouring across the border because it is unsecured. I am guessing that they are referring to drug users rolling up the bills to snort the drugs.

I usually have a Leatherman's tool in my pocket. Use that to pick up the money and then rinse carefully.
Oh. I guess I'm wrong in thinking only other countries produce things that are illegal here...... and only foreigners bring them into this country.

I stand corrected.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
...I usually have a Leatherman's tool...

In the old days of me and the bikers, we used anything (and everything) for an impact weapon. It was usually something made of glass--or just a chair. Thank goodness I was lucky--and usually stupid!

I don't mix much with the new breed of derelicts. For one, who in the world can understand them and what passes for this verbal gibberish? And really, why should I (and any of your friends) negate the stance (and smell) of the modern bush rat?

Here's a thought. I still have the original chrome bumper on my F-150 truck. It still glimmers because I'm picky. Even if I did run over a brain-dead idiot who stepped out without looking, why should this foolish act cost me four inches of chrome? There are still doctors that care for these guys, why should any of us bother?

·
Registered
Bugging IN
125 Posts
Think there may be Fentanyl folded up in that bill which can kill you by touch.
I woke up in a bathtub fulla ice and written in lipstick on the mirror was....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh. I guess I'm wrong in thinking only other countries produce things that are illegal here...... and only foreigners bring them into this country.

I stand corrected.
Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 50-100 times stronger than morphine. Pharmaceutical fentanyl was developed for pain management treatment of cancer patients, applied in a patch on the skin. Because of its powerful opioid properties, Fentanyl is also diverted for abuse. Fentanyl is added to heroin to increase its potency, or be disguised as highly potent heroin. Many users believe that they are purchasing heroin and actually don’t know that they are purchasing fentanyl – which often results in overdose deaths. Clandestinely-produced fentanyl is primarily manufactured in Mexico.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Clandestinely-produced fentanyl is primarily manufactured in Mexico.
Oh, so we now know the drug is clandestinely produced in Mexico.

Gotcha.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,608 Posts
I'd be interested to see the actual reports.
Incidental skin contact with fentanyl is not likely to cause an overdose.
If you get it on your hand and then rub your eye, maybe.
OP, can we get a link?

·
Super Moderator
10,608 Posts
I'd like the original story.
"Surprise fentanyl poisoning" doesn't sound like a choice was made to pop an unknown substance into the mouth.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so I looked it up. It wasn't hard to find. Folded dollar bill fentanyl. It happened in Perry county. Someone was using it as a carrying device. It happened twice. I also have a funny story to go along with this. Years ago I worked as a gas station attendant. A guy comes in and pays for his gas with a ten dollar bill all rolled up, I unroll it and out pops a bit of brick cocaine right into my drawer. We both look at each other and I give him his change and he leaves and I go in the back and do a few lines. This was Years and Years ago. Where you could actually get change from a ten when buying gas 😆

·
Super Moderator
10,608 Posts
Ok so I looked it up. It wasn't hard to find. Folded dollar bill fentanyl. It happened in Perry county. Someone was using it as a carrying device. It happened twice. I also have a funny story to go along with this. Years ago I worked as a gas station attendant. A guy comes in and pays for his gas with a ten dollar bill all rolled up, I unroll it and out pops a bit of brick cocaine right into my drawer. We both look at each other and I give him his change and he leaves and I go in the back and do a few lines. This was Years and Years ago. Where you could actually get change from a ten when buying gas 😆
Link please.
Still doesn't sound like a means of "surprise" poisoning.

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
When I read the original news story, only TWO of these were found.
I immediately figured it was dropped by a drug user, who had a small amount for personal use folded in a dollar bill.
He, or she, was most likely thinking if searched, for whatever reason, the drug would not stand out as much that way as if folded in aluminum foil, or in a stamp bag.

So, in MY most likely scenario, the druggie goes into the convenience store to buy something, reaches in the pocket for money, and without realizing it drops his/her stash.

No nefarious plot to kill innocent citizens, merely a stoned user making an error.

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
Reactions: inceptor and Kauboy

·
Super Moderator
10,608 Posts
Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With my story and the stoned user story do you think it could happen again? Or often? It is a what if story. Don't preppers deal in what ifs? I bet you think of this story if you find a folded bill on the ground....... 😆

1 - 20 of 25 Posts