Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was thinking about ordering the Wagan Tech Solar E-Power Panel Cube seemed like a good emergency generator...any comments or some advice on them...Thanks all

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah i was thinking of picking one up, thought it would be better then a fuel generator wouldn't have to leave the area searching for fuel...

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
Was thinking about ordering the Wagan Tech Solar E-Power Panel Cube seemed like a good emergency generator...any comments or some advice on them...Thanks all
Which one (size) are you looking at?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Has anyone tried the GoalZero brand solar generator? I heard it was a good value, but Id rather pay for function than name-brand

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
As far as I know it isn't a generator. It is just a solar collector and a battery backup / power inverter.
Using the word "generator" might confuse some people and lead them to believe that there was actually a gas engine in there - there is not.

I can see where if you had a deer camp this might be a good idea - prolonged time spent outdoors with minimal needs (cell, radio, small TV, LED X-Mas lights around the dining area, etc...). But I'd really like to see it in action (over a weekend) before I plunk down a couple of grand on something that ends up being a sad sack of suck.

How durable is that thing any way?

Reactions: paraquack

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Has anyone tried the GoalZero brand solar generator? I heard it was a good value, but Id rather pay for function than name-brand
I started to look at those but they have proprietary fittings and plugs. That automatically disqualifies it in my eyes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts