Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we are prepping for the worst case scenario in the real world but then I read a thread mentioning how our purchases are being cataloged. Have you given any thought to using a VPN or hiding your movements on the net? I know it is a fairly simple process but am wondering if it would be worth it. Do you think the governments of the world are really going to this much trouble?

I will be switching exclusively to cash purchases from now on except for any possible online purchases I might make and I might start using pre-paid visa cards for those soon.

·
Registered
640 Posts
A VPN won't really hide your activities. You can hide your IP from tracking companies... but it's never completely hidden from Big Brother. Most gov't don't have the time, money, or inclination to track your every purchase. But... if you somehow get labeled as a possible domestic threat because of what you post... and sometimes because of what you purchase... then yeah... i expect you to start getting tracked. Bottom line... stay low key on what you say, and buy controversial items in person and in cash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts