Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to a good collection of youtube videos the next time you can't sleep or nothing is on the tube. They include Day After Disaster, History channel dramatization about a nuke in DC, After Armageddon, also History Channel, about collapse of society, Electronic Armageddon, Nat Geo show about an EMP attack, a James Wesley Rawles interview and some videos about the coming financial collapse. I hope you enjoy them!

Video Links

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Day After the Dollar Crashes Dramatization based on Damon Vickers financial collapse scenario.( 10 minutes) This is Halloween scary!!!
While I agree that this video is pretty frightening to think about; what I find most disturbing is the fact that it doesn't seem far-fetched or surprising at all.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are right, but I think it is the reason he made it. Besides, no one can really say how it will all play out. We may have hyperinflation as the video suggests, or we may actually have a depression. Or we could have a terrible combination of the 2. Something like hyperinflation for things like food and energy(oil, electricity, natural gas) and deflationary depression in things like real estate, stocks and possibly even precious metals. It is like trying to figure out which way a jinga puzzle will fall. Too many factors, too many players. The only thing we know for sure is that all the players keep adding instability to the system each time they take another block out of the foundation and lay it on top of the jinga puzzle. No body wants to be the guy who puts the block that makes it all come crashing down, but that is the only ending for the game.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very good post of links! There is an Anderson Cooper show going on right now about "preppers" and instead of making them look crazy, he's actually showing how smart and wise they are! Good for him! I haven't seen it yet, but thats what the buzz is right now.

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
Nice, but I am more into watching that which can help me, than amuse me. I don't even watch politics, anymore, as it does not amuse me and this nation of uninformed, greedy voters will do nothing but play into the bankers' hands each and every time.

On the other hand, here are some videos that are worth the while as they teach you plants to forage. Good for the Southeast, anyway:
EatTheWeeds - YouTube

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
Oh, and they help when I should be asleep. They make me sleepy. :grin:

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Here is a link to a good collection of youtube videos the next time you can't sleep or nothing is on the tube. They include Day After Disaster, History channel dramatization about a nuke in DC, After Armageddon, also History Channel, about collapse of society, Electronic Armageddon, Nat Geo show about an EMP attack, a James Wesley Rawles interview and some videos about the coming financial collapse. I hope you enjoy them!

Video Links
Thanks because I pay for HD service from charter cable and damned if I watch three shows on that whole system period. I'm about to just axe the cable, keep the net, go airwaves and say screw it. I can pick up the local stations and some even have HD movie channels now, you'd swear you were watching cable anyhow.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking the same. If I watch regular TV, it is local channels and PBS. My wife likes the cooking channel though. I do reap the benifits of her watching it. I suppose I have to think about that.

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
I'm thinking the same. If I watch regular TV, it is local channels and PBS. My wife likes the cooking channel though. I do reap the benifits of her watching it. I suppose I have to think about that.
That's the only reason the idiot box was turned back on after several years. I got married to a woman who must have the food network.
It's OK, though. The woman is one fantastic cook.

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
It really is true. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach ;)
Oh, I am here to tell ya!
I like simple. When I say simple, I mean I am perfectly content eating raw veggies and maybe peanut butter for some protein. Simple. Wife won't go that simple, but she still makes things fairly simple, yet great tasting with spices and seasoning. New culinary world came along with the new wife! ::clapping::

·
Registered
481 Posts
You aren't alone. I think a lot of men are simple like that.

My husband subsisted on pizza delivery and buffalo wings when I first met him. By the time we had been dating a year, I had all of his mom's recipes mastered and to this day I make sure he has dinner on the table when he comes through the door from work. I don't cook for him because I feel like that's my duty, I do it because it makes him happy.

We also sit down to dinner every night as a family which for me in and of itself is an expression of love. It's the glue that keeps our happy little family together. I always shake my head when I hear about families that choose not to share meals together at a table each night. They really don't know what they're missing out on :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts