Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prepping can be costly, especially for items that normally run high... so when you can save money, it always helps.

Ive been doing coupons since 97, and I have taken $300+ grocery orders and worked hard to make them all of $12 and change by the end. I dont really like the whole Extreme couponing show, as its really damaged the store policies since it came out. Stores put a lot of restrictions on coupons because of it.. (lets not mention that one of their couponers actually committed fraud right on the show).

Ive stocked things like:

Toothpaste (regular size and travel)
Soap
Deodorant (regular size and travel)
Body soap/shampoo for men (regular and travel)
Sprays (Axe and old spice)
Hand lotions (3oz tubes)
Small J&J first aid kits
shaving cream
razors
Bengay
Zantac
Advil
Bayer
Hair Dye (ok, my vice)
Ky jelly (long story) ... etc etc..

these are just a few non foods that I have stocked for free or less then .25 cents each.

Even though it takes a lot of time, I do love saving money... and in the long run, it will help me to make sure I can get all I need to for my bob, and save the cash for the bigger ticket items such as my guns etc. Then again, Im not beneath a good haggle... LOL...

Do you use coupons, and how have you done... do you want to do more?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask..:) If I dont know the answer, I know plenty of people who do.. :)

Happy Prepping.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you are young do not read this.

People don't realize that there will still be sex in SHTF. So stocking up on lubricants and condoms is NOT a bad idea. it's very very wise. You do no want to lug around a pregnant woman, they will slow you down plus they need A LOT more nutrients then normal.

other then that, good post, saving money is always a great thing, I hope I can become thrifty like you!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, thats not really why I have it... actually.. Walmart is special when it comes to coupons. If the coupon exceeds the cost of the item, they give you the cash back in your hand, OR, they apply it to the rest of your order. Well, I had $3.00 off on the lube, and it was only like $2.49. So, by the time I was done getting those, advil pocket packs, and the bengay, I was able to pick up a few other items and paid maybe $1 and change in tax total. All three of those items gave me cash back... :) When i was buying the Ky, my 18 year old looked at the cart with 6 bottles of it in there, then at me and said, are you serious mom? My response, when your little brother decides to stick his head between the railings or where he cant get it out, are you going to rely on greasy butter? or maybe some KY that will wash away easier? Not to mention the cost difference...lol... she shook her head and walked away.. lmfao.

Another thought... squirting the ky all over the tile floor when being chased by zombies? :p

SOO, if anyone needs some? LOL.... I am done having kids.. so Im looking at a longer form of birth control.. ya I cant see walking around when SHTF big like I get.. pfft.. bs on that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you are young do not read this.

People don't realize that there will still be sex in SHTF. So stocking up on lubricants and condoms is NOT a bad idea. it's very very wise. You do no want to lug around a pregnant woman, they will slow you down plus they need A LOT more nutrients then normal.

other then that, good post, saving money is always a great thing, I hope I can become thrifty like you!
I'd be worried about stockpiling condoms. They get prone to split if they're kept for too long. Can't really think of a better long-term option, mind, without surgery. I have a birth control implant that's good for three years (just got it replaced), but I don't think that's a big time difference from when stockpiled condoms would start expiring. Could stockpile hormonal birth control, but I imagine that has a limited shelf life too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be worried about stockpiling condoms. They get prone to split if they're kept for too long. Can't really think of a better long-term option, mind, without surgery. I have a birth control implant that's good for three years (just got it replaced), but I don't think that's a big time difference from when stockpiled condoms would start expiring. Could stockpile hormonal birth control, but I imagine that has a limited shelf life too.
IUD's have a 5 year. I think in most cases, if you can get out all your sexual frustration those 5 years, another 2 or 3 years break would be a good thing. By then, things should be better and perhaps you can find a gyno to re install. lol

Otherwise, Im sure there are things out there (herbal wise) that would work on a short term basis that can be dehydrated and stored for longer periods of tme. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea, no doubt Dave lol...Make sure to get the non-lubricated ones if anyone decides on this idea (for water storage of course).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts