Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If you have been in the Army, you can skip this, since you know as much as I do about it.

For the new guys, camo netting is plastic webbing,that resembles leaves. If you click that link, the webbing is being used to cover a Jeep look alike.
You can use it to cover yourself too, but be careful about draping it over yourself.

That stuff will snag on everything, for instance, that Casio watch that鈥檚 as tough as a brick? The netting will grab ahold of it, and do bad things to the pins that hold the band on. Something like, GRAB...FLING! Then you don鈥檛 know where the watch is.馃が

That next link is a guy covered in netting, which works real good to be honest.

But with big sheets of it, the wind rustles it, until you can鈥檛 hear slight sounds; but that鈥檚 only with sheets large enough to cover your truck. I used sheets big enough to cover a tank, when I was in the artillery.

I am being pretty flippant with this post, but that keeps things light, in my view.

You can use the net in the city to take up a spot, and then to conceal yourself. Just like you could in the woods, to go after some game. I am presuming that something has happened, so that you feel the need to hide. And don鈥檛 think that something can鈥檛 happen, just use that imagination of yours.

A lot of you know that you can use burlap to hide and it works. So if you go to Jo Ann鈥檚 and look around, you might get inspired. I will take this up later today, since I need to look at what is at Jo Anne鈥檚 .

TBC

Reactions: Annie

Super Moderator
Would it confuse a person using a drone to spy on you property?

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Would it confuse a person using a drone to spy on you property?
No, the drone camera would pick it up as clear as the blue sky. And then the drone operator has plenty of time to review the footage. When I was in Field Artillery we put it up,mostly because it obscured the M109s (Self Propelled Artillery/Cannons) a little. But it scattered radar too, because it had aluminum threads in it.

I am probably going to get some, to use for down and dirty hiding out. Just to throw over me if I have to shag over into the fields, to hide from any crowd of Commie bastards. Stalin and Mao used crowds to kill their enemies or opponents, or anyone else that gave them static. So that鈥檚 my use for it.

Reactions: Auntie

Registered
I am probably going to get some, to use for down and dirty hiding out. Just to throw over me if I have to shag over into the fields, to hide from any crowd of Commie bastards. Stalin and Mao used crowds to kill their enemies or opponents, or anyone else that gave them static. So that鈥檚 my use for it.
To have fun in anticipation of Commie bastards, you can finally troll guys from the gun shop in Ghillie Suit instead of Boony Hat.

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
To have fun in anticipation of Commie bastards, you can finally troll guys from the gun shop in Ghillie Suit instead of Boony Hat.
I don鈥檛 troll, I am a take it or leave it proposition; if they laugh and chortle that just tells me that they are piss ants. I had some kid from SOCOM giving me contemptible looks while I holding my sister mini poodle, her name was Jazz.

I used to wear the same dark red beret that he wore, and I wore it in Special Forces, which is under the SOCOM umbrella. It takes chutzpah to judge at first glance, but that鈥檚 what the clowns do now.

Note: I dearly loved Jazz the mini poodle; and I would have held her, anywhere that I happened to be.

Reactions: 0rocky and Folklore

Registered
I use it for Google satellites and the likes when working on special projects I do at night and cover up in the day. Got a structure going up, thought about painting the roof or getting painted metal roofing to make digital camo just to mess with them and the people who do work in tax accessor office who use satellite imagery as their way accessing tax value of ones properties.

Registered
When I was in Field Artillery we put it up,mostly because it obscured the M109s
Seemingly Field Artillery in the composition of the Airborne Forces not practicing airdrop technique for M109 howitzers?
It seemed to me that it was too large supplies even for the LAPES (low-altitude) method due to the big mass.
I use it for Google satellites and the likes when working on special projects I do at night and cover up in the day.
Well, when there is something to cover with camo netting... Or write big letters F-Google.

Registered
Seemingly Field Artillery in the composition of the Airborne Forces not practicing airdrop technique for M109 howitzers?
It seemed to me that it was too large supplies even for the LAPES (low-altitude) method due to the big mass.

Well, when there is something to cover with camo netting... Or write big letters F-Google.
I wrote [email protected]$( You in the middle of the yard, so far seems to have worked as haven't seen any updates on Google or any other map programs showing the camo netting. Camo netting was just redundancies.

Registered
Scrap the F-Google idea. Will just draw more attention to yourself. Just saying.

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scrap the F-Google idea. Will just draw more attention to yourself. Just saying.
It鈥檚 a conundrum, do I tell Google, Microsoft or Apple to eat a turd, or not? Ah, what would Confucius say?

He would mention that Google uses footage from NOAA, and stitches together footage from about 6 govt sats.
I read a little info from their Earth site, and the footage is computer generated, but it fools the eye.

When you zoom in you can view the scene becoming a patchwork, and it eventually loses all clarity.
So tell all of tech twats to eat a turd,it鈥檚 the NSA & NRO that you should be careful of. They really can see you in your backyard.

Note: when you see Google using street level mapping, it鈥檚 from those cars that drive around with the periscope on top. I have had them pass by me a 1/2 dozen times, that company really is a pack of gimps. They want people to think, something that is erroneous because it makes them seem omnipotent. They are frogs, and not God.

Reactions: 0rocky and Folklore

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wrote [email protected]$( You in the middle of the yard, so far seems to have worked as haven't seen any updates on Google or any other map programs showing the camo netting. Camo netting was just redundancies.
Camo netting is never redundant, and I don鈥檛 care if you are driving to the grocery store, put it on.
I do advise that you take it off before you go in, because somebody will probably shoot you otherwise.馃

Registered
I have camo netting: woodland and snow not so much for prepping but for militia use.

Reactions: MisterMills357

Super Moderator
State of Grace
When my nephew was little he was afraid of my dog. The kid tried to camouflage himself by throwing a blanket over his head while walking past the dog....lol. Didn't work.

Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
When my nephew was little he was afraid of my dog. The kid tried to camouflage himself by throwing a blanket over his head while walking past the dog....lol. Didn't work.
His father should have taught him how to make a walking stick; and then he should have been taught how to wield it as a weapon. I have had a stick off and on since I was 8; I do it by nature, and my mom bought me a fishing knife, at that same age. Which I used to whittle and make sticks.

God bless her heart, for the many ways that she taught me courage, God Bless her. She told me and my brother, if I ever hear of you running away like a coward, from any fight, I will take switch to you. Likewise, if I started any fights, she would have tanned my hide.

My life has been so different from the boys of today, and I am the antithesis of most modern men in America.

In closing: I posted on a martial arts forum, that if the school that they picked and studied under; does not teach mortal combat, then it is worthless. If that fighting style could not be used to kill, then it was garbage. Posturing and little else.

You don鈥檛 to engage in it, you just have know how it鈥檚 done, and how to defend against a killer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts