Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new or in excellent condition USGI poncho. Not a knockoff, the real thing. I have searched and searched and all I can find is the knockoffs. I searched a lot.

Please please, does anyone know where to find these or know of a suitable substitute? I appreciate any and all help.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Only place I've found the real things has been at local surplus stores. Ebay might have them under "used" stuff. I'd never trust anything listed as "new".

There actually are a few on here that are close enough to check this place out, but I remember a Army Surplus store just north of Lapeer, MI that sold them for $17!!! I'll try to look it up. Highly doubt they have a web site, but maybe a phone number you could order from.

I still have one I've been using for 20 years now! NO JOKE! Their made that well!

Edit: This is the place. Worth a phone call. Don't quote me on the price :D It's been about 4 years! :D
View attachment 3135

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
It's gotten hard to find them that's for sure. I've been using the GOlite version poncho/tarp since my last usgi stopped holding back the rain from too much wear and find it better than usgi's. I linked it on the other thread. You might consider one. Read the reviews out there.

GoLite Poncho Tarp

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only place I've found the real things has been at local surplus stores. Ebay might have them under "used" stuff. I'd never trust anything listed as "new".

There actually are a few on here that are close enough to check this place out, but I remember a Army Surplus store just north of Lapeer, MI that sold them for $17!!! I'll try to look it up. Highly doubt they have a web site, but maybe a phone number you could order from.

I still have one I've been using for 20 years now! NO JOKE! Their made that well!

Edit: This is the place. Worth a phone call. Don't quote me on the price :D It's been about 4 years! :D
View attachment 3135
I'll see what they say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.