Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
"...so lets say Russia is selling oil at 50% of the Global price..."
You don't get what I am saying... Unless Russia is discounting the price of oil, the Rupee oil deal is clutching at straws... India doesn't need to convert its currency but, Russia does and the Indians gain 0.26 on the Rupee. Russia is trying to keep their economy a float when they are losing a war and can't even get fuel to their tanks in the field. Russia is also still competing with other nations for india's business and question I asked compound question;

. A $15 dollar item is still 1,500 rupees so lets say Russia is selling oil at 50% of the Global price, are the Russians also getting a discount on Indian imports or, are they paying "full price." If they are paying full price, then how long can the Russian economy suffer the burden of an economic depression, plus inflation and high export costs/and low import profits?
Russia can't use the same Global System America runs , so they have either got to go to the Chinese system (which India doesn't want to do) or deal with India directly. Which they are... So my question is a) whats Russia bringing to the table that India would risk sanctions for dealing with them? And (b) how much longer can Russia take the strain on their economy?

Russia is only now starting to get back up but, much of it Gold reserves are outside the nation and like I said Russia has to discount its oil to sell it... Just found this, the point remains the Russian economy is strained and straining still... So my point being the same, Russia selling oil to India in Rupees doesn't effect the dollar to such a degree as your article implies. And regardless of the view stated in type of currency, the value is the same.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
India doesn't need to convert its currency but, Russia does and the Indians gain 0.26 on the Rupee.
You're going to have to break this down.
Why would Russia need to convert the Rupees they receive before using them to buy goods from India?
When I say they are using the same money to buy from India, I literally mean the same money. An account kept all in Rupees would never need converting if it were to be used for buying only in Rupees.
India's oil purchases are not propping up Russia to allow them to buy other goods from other countries. But as far as this specific trade is concerned, they can stick to one currency.

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
Remember, nobody else wants to trade with Russia at the moment. The "global market" isn't open to Russia.
That's not quite true. You can do a search and what you will find is a number of countries refused to sanction Russia. Among those are Mexico, Argentina and Brazil. And India has now decided.

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
I am saying the Ruble is lowest it has ever been... India buying oil is buying oil at the same price from Russia as it is from anyone else on the Global Market.
Not necessarily. Russian oil will be worth whatever Russia and India agree on. It does not need to be based on the global market. Bartering on a larger scale.

·
Super Moderator
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's not quite true. You can do a search and what you will find is a number of countries refused to sanction Russia. Among those are Mexico, Argentina and Brazil. And India has now decided.
Yes, I was a bit too broad in that statement.
I'll clarify. Doing business with Russia is currently frowned upon.
If you want to be part of the "in crowd", you've tried to sever all ties... at least publicly.
So they don't have access to the open global market as they once did.

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
Russia can't use the same Global System America runs , so they have either got to go to the Chinese system (which India doesn't want to do) or deal with India directly. Which they are...
Why does trade have to be based on the global market? If things go south here, there will be trading and it will be worth whatever the two parties agree on.

So my question is a) whats Russia bringing to the table that India would risk sanctions for dealing with them? And (b) how much longer can Russia take the strain on their economy?
A) Russia has a lot of things they can bring to the table such as oil, wheat and fertilizer.

B) With a number of countries refusing to sanction Russia, there's a lot of trading to be done. A few have issued harsh words, but that's all they are, harsh words. No sanctions btw.

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
If you want to be part of the "in crowd", you've tried to sever all ties... at least publicly.
So they don't have access to the open global market as they once did.
I think the list of those choosing not to be part of the In Crowd may be growing. Some are tired of being told what to do.

It does make me wonder if they can create their own global market, for lack of a better term. This was tried a number of years ago with BRICS but didn't go anywhere that I saw. I don't think it went away, just got quiet for a while.

·
Super Moderator
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think the list of those choosing not to be part of the In Crowd may be growing. Some are tired of being told what to do.

It does make me wonder if they can create their own global market, for lack of a better term. This was tried a number of years ago with BRICS but didn't go anywhere that I saw. I don't think it went away, just got quiet for a while.
And that's what worries me.
A new market without the U.S. means we suffer because our dollar drops in demand.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You're going to have to break this down.
Why would Russia need to convert the Rupees they receive before using them to buy goods from India?
When I say they are using the same money to buy from India, I literally mean the same money. An account kept all in Rupees would never need converting if it were to be used for buying only in Rupees.
India's oil purchases are not propping up Russia to allow them to buy other goods from other countries. But as far as this specific trade is concerned, they can stick to one currency.
The Indian Rupee is 1.00 to the 1.26 Russian Ruble, Rubles have a 0.26 mark up on the Rupee... So India gets 5 Rubles for 4 Rupees on the exchange. The money isn't as far as I read anywhere kept in an Indian account but, ok lets say it is... Otherwise just India transferring the fund through SAFE (China's State Administered Foreign Exchange) they lose a bit on the exchange. As for if, the account is located in India... like I said its basically a Barter System between nations oil for Rupees, spend the Rupees on x goods. India of course has to import a lot of goods for Russia. So far Russia is damaging itself...

Personally, I don't think this will collapse the US economy, that is happening due to our own financial policies...

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
World markets... UN or the Illuminati, who ever said it on Google when I looked it up this morning.
So because the world markets, or more likely the world banks, say this is the way it is, then Russia and India can only make the deal the central banks approve of?

So lets try another example.

@Kauboy has a tractor with a tiller attachment. He needs to plant and doesn't want to till by hand. The problem is he's out of gas. I tell him I have extra gas to fill his tanks. I need a wood stove and he has one he's not using. We agree on a trade. BUT since the world markets or the central banks have decided that our trade items aren't valued the same, we either have to come up with a more equitable (you're gonna see that word used a lot in the near future) deal or there is no deal? That's what I'm hearing.

·
Super Moderator
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The Indian Rupee is 1.00 to the 1.26 Russian Ruble, Rubles have a 0.26 mark up on the Rupee... So India gets 5 Rubles for 4 Rupees on the exchange. The money isn't as far as I read anywhere kept in an Indian account but, ok lets say it is... Otherwise just India transferring the fund through SAFE (China's State Administered Foreign Exchange) they lose a bit on the exchange. As for if, the account is located in India... like I said its basically a Barter System between nations oil for Rupees, spend the Rupees on x goods. India of course has to import a lot of goods for Russia. So far Russia is damaging itself...

Personally, I don't think this will collapse the US economy, that is happening due to our own financial policies...
You still seem stuck on this idea that there must be an exchange of currencies.
Russia could just as easily have India hold their(Russia's) reserve currency of Rupees in India, and trade between each other for goods using that holding.
Even now, China holds most of Russia's reserve currency of cash, and its in Yuan. This makes it crazy easy for Russia to do business with China without converting any money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You still seem stuck on this idea that there must be an exchange of currencies.
Russia could just as easily have India hold their(Russia's) reserve currency of Rupees in India, and trade between each other for goods using that holding.
Even now, China holds most of Russia's reserve currency of cash, and its in Yuan. This makes it crazy easy for Russia to do business with China without converting any money.
I'm not stuck on the issue of exchanging currencies... I did say previously:
As for if, the account is located in India... like I said its basically a Barter System between nations oil for Rupees, spend the Rupees on x goods. India of course has to import a lot of goods for Russia. So far Russia is damaging itself...
Remember we are all talking about fiat currencies, so everything wrapped up in the value of that currency is seen at. Russia selling oil for Rupees, to spend Rupees in India for items is basically Barter Economics on a National level... Using Rupees in China's SAFE is basically like me buying Mexican Pesos because China won't trade Yuan for dollars, so I buy Yuan with Pesos and I still get Yuan.

So because the world markets, or more likely the world banks, say this is the way it is, then Russia and India can only make the deal the central banks approve of?

So lets try another example.

@Kauboy has a tractor with a tiller attachment. He needs to plant and doesn't want to till by hand. The problem is he's out of gas. I tell him I have extra gas to fill his tanks. I need a wood stove and he has one he's not using. We agree on a trade. BUT since the world markets or the central banks have decided that our trade items aren't valued the same, we either have to come up with a more equitable (you're gonna see that word used a lot in the near future) deal or there is no deal? That's what I'm hearing.
When you are talking fiat currencies yes... Remember at this point everyone is using a fiat currency in the world. Dollars, Rubles, Rupees, its all fiat... But, you got the idea of how Russia using Indian Rupees for goods from the Indian economy for Russian oil is like a National Barter system.

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
When you are talking fiat currencies yes... Remember at this point everyone is using a fiat currency in the world. Dollars, Rubles, Rupees, its all fiat... But, you got the idea of how Russia using Indian Rupees for goods from the Indian economy for Russian oil is like a National Barter system.
The barter system has been around forever. When 2 entities each need something the other has, trade begins.

TPTB have decided that Russia is broke. Or essentially so. Their gold stored in other countries has been confiscate and the banks have decided their money is worthless. Fortunately for Russia not all countries are willing to follow the global party line.

What's happening should actually scare you. If they can do it to Russia, how hard would it be to do it to you or me. China has proven this works in controlling people. They've been doing this to their own people for years now. With the new digital currency coming they are one step closer to doing it to us.

What should also scare you is the majority of people are backing Obama, Clinton, Biden, Kerry, Soros, Romney and the rest of that group. That should bother you unless you happen to like all of those people. For me, it doesn't pass the smell test. I'm not a fan of Putin's. He's a bully and I don't like the Russian style of governance. Still, I think he was set up. They knew how to push is buttons and how he would react.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Why should any of this scare me... Its like a tornado or a hurricane, I can't prevent it and, its going to happen. Democrat or Republican its all the same, one hand washes the other. Its all by design and I can't stop it. All Russia is doing, is showing us how this system works but, that what the Global System has been designed to do. Its what the UN and Globalist want. My little conspiracy theory, is that this is all a staged... Eventually, they will crash the US economy and this is just a show, to inspire the sheeple to trust in Globalism. They can and will do this to us all anyway and could since the 80s, 90s and what do you think that means in 2022? Wake up, we been on a slow burn SHTF for so long we don't even know it.

·
Super Moderator
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Russia selling oil for Rupees, to spend Rupees in India for items is basically Barter Economics on a National level...
Precisely.
Sorry if you tried to make that point earlier and I missed it.
That's all currency is. A means to barter via an approved medium.
We exchange currencies only when the one we have isn't approved for the trade we need to make.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Right and this using Indian Rupees doesn't impact the dollar so much as forces Russians to rely on the Indian economy to prop up their own. Switching to SAFE would be more destructive. Russia and Iran already trade oil for gold directly...

Maybe even oil and gold for weapons tech who knows..? Trading with smaller countries isn't going to do much to the US economy but, it's the bigger economies that spell trouble. Russia is also a prime example of how threatening Globalization is... If the World Governments can do this to Russia, why and when will they do it to the US?

A lot of foreign economies depends on the USA and have a vested interest in our continued support but, given enough alternatives like SAFE and direct resource exchange and we got an economic problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Right and this using Indian Rupees doesn't impact the dollar so much as forces Russians to rely on the Indian economy to prop up their own. Switching to SAFE would be more destructive. Russia and Iran already trade oil for gold directly...

Maybe even oil and gold for weapons tech who knows..? Trading with smaller countries isn't going to do much to the US economy but, it's the bigger economies that spell trouble. Russia is also a prime example of how threatening Globalization is... If the World Governments can do this to Russia, why and when will they do it to the US?

A lot of foreign economies depends on the USA and have a vested interest in our continued support but, given enough alternatives like SAFE and direct resource exchange and we got an economic problem.
Right, the India/Russia agreement won't directly affect us in the least.
However, it does open the potential for other countries to start trading with Russia in currencies other than the USD "petrodollar", if the trade agreement is a benefit for both sides.
That's what I'm worried about.
If inflation continues to push down the value of our dollar, and other countries see this alternative to still do business with Russia, we could see a decline in use of USD. A decline of any significance will further push the value of our dollar down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not likely... First of all, the alternative to the petrodollar is direct trade or, foreign independent account in foreign currency. In the first case I have to ship item x to you and ship item y back. It makes me basically a colony of your economy. It also leaves you open to guerrilla actions or military action. In the second case, I am relying on the value of your fiat currency and its value in the world market... Globalization at work.

Secondly, if you owe me a dollar and it's value depletes based on inflation rate, then you still owe me the equivalent of that dollar, even if it's$1,000 now and so many countries owe the US. Plus we can do direct exchange as well, and if our economy tanks several tank with it

When I wrote Poor man's Guide to Prepping, I suggested that people grow simulated wild gensieng and sell it directly to Chinese buyers (80 to 90% of the buyer market) for Yuan directly and investing in Pesos, get them at 20 to 1 and when the economy shifts downward, exchange them back at the higher exchange rate. Highest exchange rate under Obama was 8 to 1. So buy them at 20 to 1 and sell them at 10 to 1 and even with the 10 to 15% fee it's a better than 150% profit.

Like I said in another post, I can't change the weather but, I can find ways to ride out the storm.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts