Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
I would probably go for black, dark grey and/or dark green. The city I live in does have a lot of greenery. Also lots of nooks and crannies to hide in. It's strange, but I actually feel safer in this city than I would out in the country, because even though I can't really be self-sufficient, this place is built like a hamster home on steroids. Medieval city built on hills, with lots of weird alleys, long stairways, underpasses, bridges, canals... There will always be somewhere for me to run to, and you'd have to be both fit and very motivated to catch me! (And if you do, good luck holding onto me.)

I definitely recommend getting to know the stuff like that about the place you live in. Even in the most boring town where you wouldn't expect it, there's probably something. When I was in high school, back in suburban USA, we snuck in to the school in the summer while it was under construction. We'd heard a rumor that there was a tunnel from the school to the middle of town "left over from the war" (no one said which), and I'd seen a locked trapdoor in a dusty corner... we got in, and in one direction it stretched past the auditorium (we could see in) and all the way to the other end of the school grounds... in the other direction, we couldn't see the end and didn't have a ton of time, but it was definitely headed for town! Someday when I'm visiting home I'm going to hunt for the door to the other end.

Very dusty though. Good idea to have a dust mask in your BOB if you're headed for that kind of thing, especially if you or someone in the family has asthma, I think.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.