Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I don't know the mfg, I hear bad feedback for mismatched parts that don't function well but this company is a blank to me.

This is a 5.65 NATO not a .233 so make sure you have the ammo for it. My understanding is you can shoot 5.56 in a .223 but you cannot shoot .223 in a NATO gun.

All my stuff is .223 (before I sold it do course) so I never had that entirely figured out.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
MR, I think you have it backwards. You can shoot .223 in a 5.56, but it's a long term bad idea to shoot 5.56 in a .223. Different chamber pressures, and .223 isn't designed to handle 5.56 over the long haul.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sub 800 dollar AR's are starting to pop up pretty regular around my parts, to bad you still really can't get ammo for it, or I would have bought one.......

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My local Wally World got a bunch of Colt 6920's in and has had 1 still sitting there for almost a month now. Panic buying is a bad type of buying too. Things will level out and than buy something if you're that far behind the curve. Hopefully everyone has some kind of firearm here because when things come to it, if you survive long enough, there will be lots of firearms to pick up off the ground.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6920s are $1400 out here :(

My local Wally World got a bunch of Colt 6920's in and has had 1 still sitting there for almost a month now. Panic buying is a bad type of buying too. Things will level out and than buy something if you're that far behind the curve. Hopefully everyone has some kind of firearm here because when things come to it, if you survive long enough, there will be lots of firearms to pick up off the ground.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My favorite LGS has a number of affordable AR's on the rack.. Windham Weaponry MPC's and SRC's, starting at $799 - Starting to see Lake City 5.56 bulk ammo again as well... not at last summer's prices, but in the 65-70 cent per round range. Still plenty of M855 in the supply here, so I won't be buying again until it's back under 45 cents/rd.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
6920s are $1400 out here :(
Well, you do live in one of the worst states in America for freedom of firearms, if not the worst. A 6920 is a complete rifle though, both lower and upper and has a little pony on the side which dictates the price a bit. There going for $1049 here for the standard polymer forearm model here and about $1400 for the aluminum railed forearm versions, which isn't that bad a price when it comes down to it. Especially for those who love the pony on the side.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Once things level out, I'm going to pick up another M1A Scout. To hell with anymore AR's for me. I'm on the line whether I should keep my current one just to have an AR, which is why I bought another one in the first place or just standardize again back to .22lr, 9mm and .308/7.62x51mm weapons. I've found that covers pretty much any game I'd take and people take less to 7.62x51mm than they do 5.56x45mm anyways.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And they probably sold a few at that price too. I have to admit I sold cheaper plastic (polymer) lowers for $325. I bought a five pack a couple of years ago for $600 including postage and our lovely state fees and never thought I'd be selling them for $325. I also included one with a simple stag upper for my M1A in trade - there was a little ammo and some magazines added but still - it was crazy three months ago. Things are coming back to normal - but I fear CA is going to get really ugly soon. The bills should be done and signed by August - probably go into effect Jan 1. Nov/Dec around here will likely be panic mode again and I suspect everyone out there will be impacted by the demand in CA to beat the rules.

3 or 4 months ago my once beloved, but now loathed, Cheaper Than Dirt brick and mortar store was asking $2500 for the little pony on the side, and they were bare bones.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I gotta admit, for a time I the thought of selling, if I had one of course :), a pony did enter my mind. Heck, the money from that would have financed a near complete essentails inventory overhaul if you knew where to shop on the private market.

It does look like it may be wise to pick a "best market" marker before the fall and start ramping up before your laws kick in. I totally agree that the sudden demand from the left coast will suck a lot of available product out west in the near term.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I look at it this way, it went up once and came down. Will it again? I think its likely too.

The whole firearms/ammo phenom since Newtown and ofailures re election is a lot like the people realizing they are going to starve and looting a grocery store. The marketeers of survival goods show us those empty stores, and we all know if SHTF happened that is exactly what will happen. I would view an extra rifle, hand gun, ammo, magazine as worth more than silver or gold in the beginning stages of a collapse and STHF. Selling those uppers this year allowed me to barter into an M1A, some Lapua ammo, and I started putting together some of the components for distilling bio diesel from the wheat grass we can grow. I'm not there yet - but without selling some ammo and those lowers this year I wouldn't have any.

I gotta admit, for a time I the thought of selling, if I had one of course :), a pony did enter my mind. Heck, the money from that would have financed a near complete essentails inventory overhaul if you knew where to shop on the private market.

It does look like it may be wise to pick a "best market" marker before the fall and start ramping up before your laws kick in. I totally agree that the sudden demand from the left coast will suck a lot of available product out west in the near term.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts