Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is probably a thread for this elsewhere but im not finding it. I have food in mylar bags inside sealed 5 gallon buckets. I want to create an underground storage for a reasonable cost at my bug out location. Problem is it has a very high water table and rains a lot. What would be the best way to store my food stores. My house im in now is un air conditioned and gets to be 90 + degrees in the summer. The garage probably higher. Any help here would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
8,639 Posts
I know there is probably a thread for this elsewhere but im not finding it. I have food in mylar bags inside sealed 5 gallon buckets. I want to create an underground storage for a reasonable cost at my bug out location. Problem is it has a very high water table and rains a lot. What would be the best way to store my food stores. My house im in now is un air conditioned and gets to be 90 + degrees in the summer. The garage probably higher. Any help here would be awesome.
The above post is a good idea. I don't know how high your water table is but you could try the same building as drt4lfe suggested and put half of it below ground. This would be a root cellar with extra protection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good idea. Eventually i will do that. I was thinking of burying barells but theyd have to be sealed very well. Wanting as hidden as possible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts