Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
gardening, food preservation and storage, DIY
115 Posts
My first pregnancy was with twins, but I didn't know it. I knew I was pregnant and wanted to be, but didn't know I was pregnant with two babies. About half way through the pregnancy, one of the twins died. Again, I didn't know. I have O- blood type, which can cause my body to treat a baby with another blood type as an infection or foreign object ... which can cause my body to kill the unborn child. I didn't know that at the time either. I think that is what happened, but don't know for sure. I don't know what gender or blood type the baby who died had. The other was a girl with O+ blood type. I was also pregnant for 11 months.

Looking back, I think it would have been better for me, and maybe for the baby that lived, to have had the deceased baby removed from within my womb during pregnancy, than to finish the pregnancy, give birth to one twin, and then the dead one ... that was pretty shocking for me, to say the least. In this case however, my body did the aborting. If the baby would have been and stayed healthy for the whole pregnancy, I would not have chosen to abort.

My second pregnancy was a girl with O- blood type. That pregnancy lasted 9 months.

My oldest daughter has had one son. My second daughter has had two children, and I don't think either of them has O- blood type, but she was given the Rhogam shot during each pregnancy, to prevent her body from aborting either baby due to their blood type.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,685 Posts
I also believe that because it takes both man and woman to cause pregnancy, both the man and woman who caused a pregnancy should have equal say in what happens to their (not just her) unborn child.

I do not believe that any person owns any other person, but both mothers and fathers should take personal responsibility for their children, until their children become adults ... or give up their children to be adopted by someone else who will.
Our society has become so passive with the idea of sex that pregnancy is looked upon as an unintended consequence of the pleasure-seeking experience, and not a direct result.
Along with drug use, it is the height of selfishness to think that sex is only intended for one's own gratification and nothing more. But that is what it's become.
We must correct society's view of this. We must bring sanctity back to the sexual relationship between a man and a woman.
It is my personal view that God gave humans the pleasure of sex as a gift to cherish between a married couple. This won't sit well with some, but I consider it a horrible blaspheme against God to engage in sex outside of marriage. The common retort is "humans will be humans and like to do it". But this would suggest we are no different from wild animals, incapable of restraining our urges. I reject that notion.

Preventatives exist for a reason, but we're becoming less and less focused on informing people about what sex is really for.
So they engage in it, thinking it's normal behavior to have a fling, and never consider the life-altering decision being made.
Pardon the imagery, but having sex should be as important a decision as buying a house with someone. There are expectations and there are consequences, and they have high potential to last a very long time.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Super Moderator
10,685 Posts
My first pregnancy was with twins, but I didn't know it. I knew I was pregnant and wanted to be, but didn't know I was pregnant with two babies. About half way through the pregnancy, one of the twins died. Again, I didn't know. I have O- blood type, which can cause my body to treat a baby with another blood type as an infection or foreign object ... which can cause my body to kill the unborn child. I didn't know that at the time either. I think that is what happened, but don't know for sure. I don't know what gender or blood type the baby who died had. The other was a girl with O+ blood type.

Looking back, I think it would have been better for me, and maybe for the baby that lived, to have had the deceased baby removed from within my womb during pregnancy, than to finish the pregnancy, give birth to one twin, and then the dead one ... that was pretty shocking for me, to say the least. In this case however, my body did the aborting. If the baby would have been and stayed healthy for the whole pregnancy, I would not have chosen to abort.
That must have been very tough.
Thank you for sharing. I hope you have made peace with this and can take solace in knowing you may meet your child again someday.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't know which state you're living and and the laws are all different in terms of what weapons if any you can and can not carry.
Lets play a game. Name that State! No knife above 4 inches long can be concealed, BB guns are classed as fire arms, It is a misdemeanor to use a Taser on a person (unless you are police) , there is no open carry law, there is no stand your ground law. Guns must be locked in a safe at all times SEPERATE from the ammo. Hint it is in New England.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Our society has become so passive with the idea of sex that the consequence of pregnancy is looked upon as an unintended consequence of the pleasure-seeking experience, and not a direct result.
Along with drug use, it is the height of selfishness to think that sex is only intended for one's own gratification and nothing more. But that is what it's become.
We must correct society's view of this. We must bring sanctity back to the sexual relationship between a man and a woman.
It is my personal view that God gave humans the pleasure of sex as a gift to cherish between a married couple. This won't sit well with some, but I consider it a horrible blaspheme against God to engage in sex outside of marriage. The common retort is "humans will be humans and like to do it". But this would suggest we are no different from wild animals, incapable of restraining our urges. I reject that notion.

Preventatives exist for a reason, but we're becoming less and less focused on informing people about what sex is really for.
So they engage in it, thinking it's normal behavior to have a fling, and never consider the life-altering decision being made.
Pardon the imagery, but having sex should be as important a decision as buying a house with someone. There are expectations and there are consequences, and they have high potential to last a very long time.
I agree with most of this, but not with marriage first ... only because I have known so many people that get married, then move in together, then have sex, then have a baby/ies, then decide they don't like who they married, because they didn't know one another well enough to make such decisions. My husband and I did things really backwards. We had sex, then moved in together, then started a family, then after living together as a couple for 9 years and after having two children, then we got married ... and by then, we knew each other pretty well. We have been together now for 26 years this June, have two children, and three grandchildren. Not saying this is the way to go or not, but I think people should know each other really well before they get married, move in together, or start a family.

·
Super Moderator
10,685 Posts
Lets play a game. Name that State! No knife above 4 inches long can be concealed, BB guns are classed as fire arms, It is a misdemeanor to use a Taser on a person (unless you are police) , there is no open carry law, there is no stand your ground law. Guns must be locked in a safe at all times SEPERATE from the ammo. Hint it is in New England.
Jersey?

·
Super Moderator
10,685 Posts
Not saying this is the way to go or not, but I think people should know each other really well before they get married, move in together, or start a family.
Completely agree.
My wife and I were engaged for 3 years before we got married, and dated for 2 before that.
Relationships need time to grow. If you get married before the new wears off, you're setting yourself up for failure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That must have been very tough.
Thank you for sharing. I hope you have made peace with this and can take solace in knowing you may meet your child again someday.
It was very tough. I gave birth the first time in a chair, which took 4 days ... in a place called 'Eagle's Nest' ... the second time I didn't even bother to get out of bed ... I just did it in bed. I did have some post partum depression for a few months after giving birth the first time (which to me, did not seem like depression at all, but more like ... animalistic cookooville ... like a fear that somehow it was my fault and I might not be a good enough mother, and maybe didn't deserve to be a mother because of it), and bled almost nonstop for 6 years thereafter ... but I have moved past that since. I have done the best I could, and I have probably made some mistakes along the way ... but I am okay, and very much love, admire, and appreciate the family I have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dear Mr. Penguin,
Sometimes I innocently say something only to realize, too late, that I lit a fuse. Abortion rights is a VERY sensitive topic as are politics and religion. This topic includes politics AND religion. The reactions to your original post has caused me to think-before-posting a new topic that might have me thinking I didn't write a post... but stepped in it.

·
Registered
Defense, food, shelter, primitive medicine, and bushcraft. I think everything falls under those.
46 Posts
Dear Mr. Penguin,
Sometimes I innocently say something only to realize, too late, that I lit a fuse. Abortion rights is a VERY sensitive topic as are politics and religion. This topic includes politics AND religion. The reactions to your original post has caused me to think-before-posting a new topic that might have me thinking I didn't write a post... but stepped in it.
While I cannot answer for Mr. Penguin, I did see your note back to me. I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Underrock, I wasn't expecting to start a discussion on abortion today when I started this topic. I don't have the energy to argue with anyone else after arguing with family on Facebook all day. I just came out as pro-life and I am being vocal about my opinions now for the first time and I am receiving some push back and all caps messages.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,026 Posts
haha! This is FUN! Okay, it's not Vermont, New Hampshire nor Maine. It's gotta be Connecticut, Rhode Island and/or Taxachusetts. One of those three, correct?

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,026 Posts
My first pregnancy was with twins, but I didn't know it. I knew I was pregnant and wanted to be, but didn't know I was pregnant with two babies. About half way through the pregnancy, one of the twins died. Again, I didn't know. I have O- blood type, which can cause my body to treat a baby with another blood type as an infection or foreign object ... which can cause my body to kill the unborn child. I didn't know that at the time either. I think that is what happened, but don't know for sure. I don't know what gender or blood type the baby who died had. The other was a girl with O+ blood type. I was also pregnant for 11 months.

My second pregnancy was a girl with O- blood type. That pregnancy lasted 9 months.

My oldest daughter has had one son. My second daughter has had two children, and I don't think either of them has O- blood type, but she was given the Rhogam shot during each pregnancy, to prevent her body from aborting either baby due to their blood type.
Wow, that's really crazy. So sorry for that. I have o-blood, too. The first three were not a problem. The last two babies had jaundice, but nothing like what you went through.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow, that's really crazy. So sorry for that. I have o-blood, too. The first three were not a problem. The last two babies had jaundice, but nothing like what you went through.
The second pregnancy was much easier than the first. I didn't even know I was pregnant until about 6 months, didn't look pregnant until about 7 months, then had her 2 months later, and birth only took 2 days instead of 4. The girls have turned out great so far, and they are wonderful mothers to their children. Their dad and I can take some credit, but much of the credit belongs to them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Annie. I spoke with my head priest and he told me to be on watch online for something like this I am going to call him now. VIVA JESUS

21 - 40 of 70 Posts