Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, test this out if you get a chance.

http://prepperlog.com/prepper-calculator.html

I want to make it "great", not just good for people, since I haven't found anything like it out there and the only "prepper calculator" will be ours on the Internet besides the LDS calculator, which is bogus on the numbers. Once we go live with this, I expect word will be going through the Internet pointing to the page, so I'll put this somewhere on the main page for folks.

also, the numbers are going to be rounded down for the days of food stored because it would say "You have 58.453234234324 days worth of food stored". I rouned it down to be on the safe side for people (I guess i need to state that on the page). So the number will be 58 days worth of food storage.

Also, let me know if you do or do not like the popup and just want the calculations posted on the page as well.

I'll put a counter or monitor of some sort on this page and if I ever do any type of ads, it will be on the "tools" page and kept off the forum pages. That way we'll get either free products or $ coming in so I can pay you a little better.

After this, I'll work on some different calculators (ballistic, nuclear, earthquake fault zone calculations etc).

Let me know anything and everything. I'm looking for constructive negative feedback, it only makes it better. Take care my friend!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Looks like a good start man, I'm torn on the pop up, It'd be nice to have it on screen so if you wanted to jot it down you could instead of having to click through both of them, I like how it tells you how many calories/day and how many days that will last you. We could also do a recommended ammo storage tool :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHAHA! Ok.... I know its a start and I'll keep on working to make it better. I feel the same way about the popup as well. Lets think about that.

Also, I made a link at the top of the forum called "prepper tools", and under General prepper/survival talk" it will direct them also. Right now its just links and wanted to make it where no one can post anything. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing since they will not be giving feedback, but I really dont' want it jumbled up with confusing links etc.

I would assume they would post in the questions and support area, but you know how that goes.

I thought the same thing about 3am last night with the ammo!!!! Then I laughed and thought how do you calculate that if someone sucks at shooting? LOL! Or, how do you figure how many raiders/mauarders there will be? LOL! Calculate: Enter in the ammount of ammo you have stored: xxxxx Enter in the number of idiots you want to kill: xxxxxx Result: You have enough for 2.5 bullets per person, so you better get practicing! LOL!

On another note, have you read the zionprepper book yet?

·
Registered
693 Posts
i'm halfway through the book, it's a good read, very well said and perfect for a beginner!

Enter your shooting skill level on a scale of 1-10, 1 never shot a gun, 5 shoots at least 6 times a year, 10 if you can drive a nail with a .22lr, it would just be for fun if ya made one, you'd have to put a disclaimer saying this is for entertainment purposes and the right amount of ammo to store is as much as you can!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA! I LOVE IT! not a bad idea. A just for fun one. I can incorporate "how many deer/turkey/rabbits do you plan to take this year" and they can compute that to bandits or people taking over when shtf. GREAT IDEA! Thank you!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nice! Gotta have fun with your preps or else you'll go nuts, good way to break up the seriousness into lighthearted fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts