Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father always insisted that no matter how bad things seem at the time, it always works out for the best. I'm still not sure if I buy into that but after him beating it into my head most of my life I tend to find the good in almost everything.
The good ol' U.S. of A has it's problems but it's still the best country on the planet. Politicians and stupid people are doing a good job of bringing it down but it's like a parasite or cancer, the cancer also destroys itself by killing it's host. The few that have the possibility of surviving aren't the dumb, lazy ones or the politicians. What little remain will be the best of the best. So... they might be showing signs of wear but it's past time to flush the gene pool. In the end we should be better off for it.
We had a good run for over 200 years. I doubt even our founding fathers expected it to endure as long. Next time, our patriotism will be carved in stone and the likes of Fienstein & Obama will not be forgotten. I don't see it happening again here after the resurrection.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I belie e the reckoning is coming, and have been pondering what should change when things come back to normal. Here is what I am thinking.
1. Throw out all laws back to 1891 and adopt Blacks Law dictionary as the law of the land.
2. Outlaw any practice that lends, stores, and invests money.
3. Permanently repeal any federal income tax and set the rate to zero.
4. Outlaw the practice of selling insurance.
5. This is kind of Any Rand but limit commerce so that one person can own only one business at one location.
6. 2 terms for all representatives and they meet for only 3 months each year to do business, pay is the average wage of their respective states.
7. Only money raised for the guvment is through tariffs.
8. Only states can mint money using precious metals with a 90% purity standard and metric weights.

Just fun to ponder, I know they will never ask.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9. Congress shall not pass any law that doesn't equally apply to all citizens, including themselves.
10. Politicians shall be held personally accountable for their actions in office.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
So if the only income is thru tarriffs our enemies just need to cut us off to destroy the greatest military on earth. I don't mean to be rude but there are some things we need a govt for. Which is why libertarians get .007% of the vote, 99.03% want a Goverment that works.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I belie e the reckoning is coming, and have been pondering what should change when things come back to normal. Here is what I am thinking.
1. Throw out all laws back to 1891 and adopt Blacks Law dictionary as the law of the land.
Not sure about this one - will have to read up on it to offer a valid opinion.

2. Outlaw any practice that lends, stores, and invests money.
How will people buy homes? Major appliances? Replace that aging furnace? or get a new car? I believe you are trying to protect people from themselves here and that is not freedom or liberty. Perhaps keep government from using credit but not people?

3. Permanently repeal any federal income tax and set the rate to zero.
If we had to pay a local tax of 10% on purchases of new items, the county gets 10% of the locals in that county, the state gets 10% of what all the counties get and the feds get 10% of what all the states get. So the feds end up with .01% of the nation's purchases. This would allow those who spend the most money to pay the most in taxes and those with less disposable income to spend less in taxes. If you buy second hand or used goods then you wouldn't be paying taxes on them. We might have to place "food exemption" of a basic amount per family member to keep the very poorest from having to pay taxes on the required food to survive but beyond that point even food would be taxed?

4. Outlaw the practice of selling insurance.
I will have to think about this - how does someone with very little income survive a catastrophic event? If other people are involved what do they do to be treated or "made whole" after the event?

5. This is kind of Any Rand but limit commerce so that one person can own only one business at one location.
This is a limit on individual freedoms - not good for a free country or a free people.

6. 2 terms for all representatives and they meet for only 3 months each year to do business, pay is the average wage of their respective states.
Why bother with representatives at all? They have proven that they only look after their own interests and not those of the people. We have instant communication in today's world we don't need a representative to vote for us - we can do it for ourselves.

7. Only money raised for the guvment is through tariffs.
I think that we would be better off without tariffs. A free monitary system promotes competition and that help keep prices lower and quality up. A free people need a free market.

8. Only states can mint money using precious metals with a 90% purity standard and metric weights.
As long as the money has the same value in every state this could work but there is nothing wrong with paper money as long as it is backed with an equal amount of precious metal.

Just fun to ponder, I know they will never ask.
President as an ambassador with no power at all. His wages are equal to the average wage in the country and his office is the whitehouse but he has to maintain a home for himself and family while in office. One four year term in any ten years is the limit and all benifits stop when his/her term ends.
The joint chiefs are under civil control by the people.
The military has power only to protect our country from invasion or war within the country without approval of the popular vote.
News agencies must report all the facts in a story and editorials must be accompanied by other editorials that equally cover all sides of the issue. (their primary role is to inform the people of what is happening - truthfully and fairly)
No laws restricting any rights can be initiated or voted on unless it deals with the consequences of a criminal offense. (it is a criminal offense to interfere with the rights of another)

Reactions: JPARIZ
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.