Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shoe???...I meant SHOW. What a DA I am sometimes.
Anyway I finally had a chance to sit down and watch my first episode of Mountain Men that is shown on The History Channel. While it is not as hokey as Doomsday Preppers it still left a lot to desire. I was major disappointed to see 3 old dudes that were in such bad condition for living the type of lifestyle that they have chosen and I did not really learn the first new tip in the hour long show. However, it did make me feel good to know that there are people that are still around that live such a simple and non-dependent life. I envy them to some extent...as I turn down my central A/C and rewind my DVR while sipping an ice cold Blue Moon. I will try one more episode just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like the show. For people that glamorize "the survival lifestyle", may realize that surviving is hard work, and the work is never done.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These dudes are old. I'm 60 but damn how did they manage to live in the wild and be mostly this much out of shape? Makes me wonder if this is not TV hype?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree that the men in that show (of which I never missed an episode) are up there in age, I did find that some of the scenarios and ideas they gave were helpful to me. I believe the reason for the age range was due to the fact that there are not many younger generation that live that way. I dont think that this was a choice by the men to live like that for safety from the failing economy or a way to escape employment in today's society. It is a way of life for them. Plus I am sure that many of the younger folks today that are prepping or living off grid would have a problem with publicizing their location as well as their routine way of doing things for security reasons. I loved the show and will be watching the next season but will be using other detailed sources for my prepping needs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts