Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I had the misfortune of watching the TV show ‘Arrow’. Here we have a perfect example of Holywood taking something (archery/bows) that very few people give any real thought to and presenting it as the weapon of choice of a deadly serial killer.

This is one of the things fueling firearms violence… holywood essentially produces training videos for violent criminals and sociopaths. It won’t be long before political elites will want everyone to register their longbows. What a load of crap. I hope Arrow dies a rapid death from poor ratings.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
to those of you who don't know, "Arrow" is DC comics "The Green Arrow" and he is not a serial killer, he's a superhero done up like batman begins. I think you're missing the point.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to those of you who don't know, "Arrow" is DC comics "The Green Arrow" and he is not a serial killer, he's a superhero done up like batman begins. I think you're missing the point.
That may well be, but the show I watched last night had a 'second archer' referred to as a 'serial killer' sticking custom hunting arrows through quite a few business types.

The point of the series might have been missed by me (not much of a fantasy buff), but the use of bows as a component for street violence was made graphically clear. I used to be numb to how holywood portrayed guns as well, but not so much any more.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Those high capacity bows musty be band right now . No one needs a 3 at a time bow . Next we must limit range no arrow should shoot 100 feet and go through a wall. It is Un American

Reactions: inceptor

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I think it was decent for being so low budget. I havent seen it in a few episodes though

·
Registered
49 Posts
I liked that show. Recently, some guy did, in fact, go on a public rampage with a bow. I believe the individual shot a college professor through the head in front of the class. The world is a crazy place.

·
Registered
570 Posts
That may well be, but the show I watched last night had a 'second archer' referred to as a 'serial killer' sticking custom hunting arrows through quite a few business types.

The point of the series might have been missed by me (not much of a fantasy buff), but the use of bows as a component for street violence was made graphically clear. I used to be numb to how holywood portrayed guns as well, but not so much any more.
Again, you're missing the fact that the "serial killer" is Green Arrow's nemesis. Your argument is the equivalent of saying the Joker is bad for the 2nd Amendment because he doesn't show responsible gun ownership. Ah, yeah. He's the bad guy, no duh he breaks laws.

An yes, I am a major comics nerd, and I've watched every episode of Arrow thus far. While not as good as it could be, it's started off very strong, and I hope it survives.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With all of the sh~t going on, I can’t believe you guys don’t get this… hope I’m wrong. Enjoy the show. :smile:

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
So I guess with Dexter we're going to be banning medical kits with surgical equipment, chain saws, and meat cleavers?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts