Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I've seen some of the 2011 footage before and the Thailand tsunami footage, but it makes you think either way. A relook at what you'd grab in that short time and head for the hill. Given 15 minutes of warning, I'd pack my truck with my bugout bag/gear, MRE's, water, fuel, guns, ammo, important papers, my Tele Plus, my pet and food/water for him, my heavy Maxpedition duffel with extra clothes/boots, and my bike. I think I'd call my neighbors and tell them to be ready to go in 15 beforehand, but make it about a 10 seconds phone call. Then head out. If there was time, a quick top off of the tanks at the gas station.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I've seen some of the 2011 footage before and the Thailand tsunami footage, but it makes you think either way. A relook at what you'd grab in that short time and head for the hill. Given 15 minutes of warning, I'd pack my truck with my bugout bag/gear, MRE's, water, fuel, guns, ammo, important papers, my Tele Plus, my pet and food/water for him, my heavy Maxpedition duffel with extra clothes/boots, and my bike. I think I'd call my neighbors and tell them to be ready to go in 15 beforehand, but make it about a 10 seconds phone call. Then head out. If there was time, a quick top off of the tanks at the gas station.
Can i suggest you do a trial run.. see how long it takes you to load the truck.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Living one mile from the Atlantic ocean, this video's definitely been on my mind since watching it yesterday. Speedy evacuation from something like this is the primary reason I own a BIG old 4wd V8 truck in a FLAT state that NEVER see's snow.

I realize the "Planned evacuation routes" are probably going to be clogged, and I intend to stay rational and remain in line on the road with everyone else making their way to safety. But if it comes down to it I can still push smaller cars out of the way, run over a Prius or two, and off road as much as needed to get around them and get outta dodge! :D

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Exactly and add a serious case of adrenaline to the mix. I've made it in 6 minutes before with the dogs, but not nearly as much as I'd like. 20 minutes is my ideal minimum.

Can i suggest you do a trial run.. see how long it takes you to load the truck.

·
Registered
928 Posts
WOW, now that is scary! even though I live near Ventura Ca which is about 5 feet above sea level, I do live up in the mountains so nothing like that could ever reach up here but I worry about my kids who live and work within 2 miles of the beach and wouldnt have time to leave if something like that happened here. I pray nothing like that ever does...

Doc

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Note at the end of the video the persistent cough from burning debris, much of which will produce poisonous fumes.
And did you notice how calm they all were about the whole thing!?! For the life of me I can't see 30 random Americans keeping their senses about them so well! :(

Stranded in the motel, NO hope of palatable water, and LITTLE hope of food in the near future, little hope of rescue any time soon as it's not coming in any form other than helicopter (SLOW process with that many people), if things dry up enough you dare venture out you'd BETTER NOT get cut by ANYTHING because it's all been soaked in sewage water and there's sharp debris EVERYWHERE... It's nearly as bad a situation as can be imagined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts