Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beginning Friday, thousands of anti-government drivers reportedly will converge on the Capital Beltway over the holiday weekend. Other protests are planned nationwide.
Truckers roll ahead with D.C. Beltway protest

I have picked a song for them to play while going through DC.

Just wondering how much it will take before we see an Egypt style uprising. They keep screwing with the vets and it may just happen.

·
Banned
608 Posts
From what I was told was that convoys (of 3 or more trucks) are illegal and they are subject to arrest and would be at risk of losing there job or having there record messed up. My family has a history and a background in trucking and of course the DOT treats the truckers like little sh**s! it's awful but I doubt any more than a handful of truckers would ever feel empowered enough to make an "illegal" convoy!

I also doubt anything will happen from this but I would love to be proven wrong :p

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I predict multiple arrests, their trucks impounded, CDL's lost, asses raped in jail, tons of money spent trying to stay out of jail, wives sleeping with their neighbor out of revenge for ruining their income, and no more TA buffets for a long time to come. I salute the effort, but I wonder exactly what they expect out of it. It would be better to simply all go home and stay there till the gov is ready to come to terms on certain points. No trucks rolling will have a major effect. The truckers can hit the roads too in their personal vehicles putting a knife into any truckers tire who's not with them.

Nose Head Happy Cartoon Organism

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I predict multiple arrests, their trucks impounded, CDL's lost, asses raped in jail, tons of money spent trying to stay out of jail, wives sleeping with their neighbor out of revenge for ruining their income, and no more TA buffets for a long time to come. I salute the effort, but I wonder exactly what they expect out of it. It would be better to simply all go home and stay there till the gov is ready to come to terms on certain points. No trucks rolling will have a major effect. The truckers can hit the roads too in their personal vehicles putting a knife into any truckers tire who's not with them.

View attachment 2867
I agree all big cities would be in panic mode within 3 day without the trucks resupplying them.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
From what I was told was that convoys (of 3 or more trucks) are illegal and they are subject to arrest and would be at risk of losing there job or having there record messed up. My family has a history and a background in trucking and of course the DOT treats the truckers like little sh**s! it's awful but I doubt any more than a handful of truckers would ever feel empowered enough to make an "illegal" convoy!

I also doubt anything will happen from this but I would love to be proven wrong :p
I agree with you on this. DC will not put up with this. I wish them the very best and hope they pull it off.

·
Banned
608 Posts
The bikers, truckers and vets are all converging on DC this weekend. But I have to wonder whose side people will be on if the entire trucker protest consists of blocking traffic.
saddly I agree when you start to block traffic your support does NOT increase it falls. The more I think about it the less I think anyone will support there actions. Sure they are mad but so will be the drivers who do have to work and the people doing there job. would have been a better protest if they drove around the W.H. on residental roads instead of the freeway beltway.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I dunno, I think the majority of people will side with them, at least those who are liberty minded!

Of course the FSA is already against it, and those who live in/around DC won't like the gridlock but I say to heck with them - the DC area has received just as much if not more than Wall St from all of the .gov shenanigans over the past decades. If we piss them off, 'good' I say! Let them know that their little kingdom and fat checks are pissing everyone else off and we aren't going to stand for it anymore!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Just saw a news channel report that so far there are "dozens" of truckers circling. They interviewed the truckers who said they are waiting on more arrivals and have it scheduled out to work in groups for 8 hour shifts through the weekend. I hope, for their sakes, that they get a decent turnout. It's been pretty well hyped and I hope they don't become a big joke because no one showed up, just like the Muslim march.

Don't know how to embed, it's not a YT video, but here's the news link: http://link.brightcove.com/services...kRNkBi1RYglqd0AIIsZiMZoqu&bctid=2737384807001

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
It would be a lot more effective if the truckers just decided to withhold all deliveries to DC until the government shut down ended. I don't think congress id prepared for that kind of action.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Would probably void their contracts as a lot of truckers use brokers to schedule their pickups and deliveries. Now, if all of them suddenly "had engine trouble" and stalled out in the slow lanes, maybe, then they could make a dent.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts