Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I've settled on Troy....

Does anyone have any experience with either the Alpha....

Guitar accessory Rectangle String instrument accessory Font Jewellery

or the VTAC?

Rectangle Font Tool Auto part Art

One friends suggests the Alpha feels like a cheese grater to him. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Both are going to get HOT to handle after any sustained rapid fire 20-30m rounds. Lay the AR in the Sun and the HG will be too hot to handle without a glove.

I would check out KAC 4 Rail HG with grip panels. I have the the KAC M4 with the shorter 4 Rail HD and they are great.

Knights Armament Company (KAC) Mk12 Mod1 Free Float Handguard

You can mount forward grips, Lasers on the side if you have one, Holo Graphic sites on top. The grips panels slide on and off and come in a variety of lengths.

Karsten

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan to add a bottom rail and a vertical grip....so I'm not worried about heat too much.

I checked the link... and... Out Of Stock. I'm glad the American People are waking up... finally... but crap... I'm getting tired of seeing Out Of Stock. Magpul has listed most items as Dealer Only. Spikes has a 12 month wait for BCGs and lowers.... And the rare one you do find for sale on the Internet is priced so high no one in their right mind would buy it. OK... enough ranting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have sold these forearms in the past and they are both great products. I don't think you would feel anything like a cheese grater unless the metal was chipped somewhere. Was there some parts that you were looking for? I am in the process of rebuilding my online store but i can give you quotes on products. Unlike other companies I like to help the people so I keep my prices low. Usually at least 7% below MSRP. If you need to know anything about AR-15 parts let me know.

Sean

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sean... I'm looking for an 11" VTAC in FDE. PM me a quote plus shipping. While you are at it... could you quote me for the Troy low profile gas block? My barrels has a .750" gas block seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.