Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here have some tried and true triggers for deadfalls? I can see some pictures, but Im a hands on kinda guy, so if someone could say," cut 1/4 groove here, cut notch here....
" those kinda instructions, something that I could make, use, learn to set, and then make more. Help me out.
Also, is a simple neck snare better than the "bent sapling snare", probably, becouse it invloves no trigger?

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
well they all have nuances. I like the notch and two sticks, the sticks will have to be one long and one short, the long driven deep into the ground.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have thought about buying mouse and rat traps because they are cheap, and could be used as triggers for much larger traps. For example make a quick dead fall by having a stick holding up a large rock or log sitting on the rat trap so when it is tripped it will knock the stick from under the log or rock.
PS: That 45 deg saw tooth on the back of many bayonets like the M-9 is a quick way to make the 45 deg groove used in many traps like the fig 4.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
If you have the time to scout out well used trails, . . . the snare is about as good as it gets. No trigger to fail, . . . doesn't need baited, . . . can be "checked out" from a distance if you plan ahead on where you place it.

My uncle who did the figure 4 traps as a kid during the depression was a true believer in snares, . . . gave me the info.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
560 Posts
anyone here have some tried and true triggers for deadfalls? I can see some pictures, but Im a hands on kinda guy, so if someone could say," cut 1/4 groove here, cut notch here....
" those kinda instructions, something that I could make, use, learn to set, and then make more. Help me out.
Also, is a simple neck snare better than the "bent sapling snare", probably, becouse it invloves no trigger?
I would recommend looking on you tube for some info. But remember the best triggers are the most difficult to set up..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts