Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rather large assortment of trauma supplies but am lacking in other areas for my hoard. Am willing to sell trauma kits or random supplies or trade for food, camping equipment, survival equipment. I'm open to discuss anything since I'm pretty new at this.
Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supplies

What kinds of medical supplies do you have that you are wanting to trade for?
I have loads of sutures, staple guns, cautery pens, specialty bandages, gelfoam, surgicel, "snow" (larger surgicel), sterile gloves, dermibond, mastisol.....and more
I'm honestly looking for help on what is best for me to start off with. I've been collecting medical stuff and neglected any other supplies.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,314 Posts
This doesn't sound like "collecting", so much as it sounds like you raided a local hospital's supply closet and don't know what else to do with the goods. There are quite a few specialty items in this list that untrained folks simply won't know how to use. (I had to look up "cautery pen", found a link to "vasectomy tip", and shivered)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Spot on, KB.
Sounds like someone who accumulated stuff, by whatever means, they can't use and are trying to unload it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I WOULD have use for the cautery pens, sutures, staple guns, dermabond and am also looking for clotting bandages and quick clot powder IF the prices are low enough.

All of these items are available on Amazon and there ARE some of us out here trained to use them. Our skills will be VERY valuable in SHTF world if we have supplies to use. Bartering a skill is much safer than items...crazies can't kill you and take your skills.

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
Be mighty proud to accept that thanks. Can I buy you couple in return? Heard the extra large catheters can hurt the guys with small hands. Did you ever meet a guy named Slippy?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well, as you can see we have (if nothing else) a great assortment of characters on our forum. Some see the
value of your post...others want to toss you off a bridge.

I am interested in some of what you have talked about having...but specifics are lacking. I do have medical
training and know how to use the supplies you mentioned.

Can you create some sort of list? With pricing and expiration dates of course.

Grim

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
What happened to the three till eleven nursies? They were pretty wild back in the day? The 12 hour shifts seem to have turned into zombies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would definitely be interested in your items such as bandages and trauma dressings if you have it. I have several suppliers online that I buy stuff from but if I can save and help you out in a few things then that would work.

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
Always glad to split a brewski with a pretty Nursie. I used to love the ones on the 3-11 shift. No use to go to the dance hall till they got off work. Now they work 12s and are no fun.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I think it's where you live Bigwheel. My local hospital does several shifts. Some work 6-6, others are on 10 hour shifts or 8 hour shifts depending on what department. I personally work as a home health nurse now, so I set my own hours based on patient needs. Some of my patients don't get up until noon, so need me to visit in the morning because they turn loopy in the evening.
As for being fun nurses... I think most are if they want to be.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would be in to buy some if the dude would actually reply with a list of what he has and expiration dates as previously requested. Sorry for the old thread bump...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts