Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
It's designed to open a recloser that might energize the high-voltage line while the line crew is working on it. Basically, it's an intentional fault to ground to prevent it from becoming energized. It's not designed to create a fault in your premise wiring as the resistance of the ground itself cannot create enough current flow to open your homes' (or gennys') circuit breaker.
Excellent description.. actually better than the one I received from a lineman. I do appreciate that and I'm sure others do too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks, built it myself,
440AH @ 24v with 1.2kw worth of solar coming in with inverter/charger @ 6kw and inverter at 1.5kw to run small things with 10kw propane generator for when the sun refuses to shine for a week or when traveling off into the sunset and the rig is blocking the panels.
The panels (12) of them are portable to be moved up to 50' from the rig for campgrounds with shade, cook the panels not the rig in summer time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can wire anything. Fact is, I wired the light switch God used when he said, "Let there be light!"
Uh huh. Said every outside wireman that came to work in the plant before meeting a PLC or DCS system or 15KV switch gear install.

[Job 38:2 NASB] 2 "Who is this that darkens counsel By words without knowledge?" LOL

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Funny thing I've learned over the years that applies to lots of Tradesmen;

Every one of them looks at someone else's work and criticizes the other's work.

So my electrician comes over yesterday; local young man that we have used before. Navy trained electrician then all of the certifications that he needs in the state. Good Christian kid. After we talk about what I am looking to accomplish, he gets to work doing a little investigation. A few minutes into this, he points out some wire and has to tell me that he would have done this differently. I ask him if it is dangerous, or against code and he says No to both. But has to point something out. I chuckle and we get back to business.

I think all of the construction Trades have a little of that in everyone.

Parts should be in next week and hopefully he will have time to install everything and I'll have what I need in a week or so!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Funny thing I've learned over the years that applies to lots of Tradesmen;

Every one of them looks at someone else's work and criticizes the other's work.

So my electrician comes over yesterday; local young man that we have used before. Navy trained electrician then all of the certifications that he needs in the state. Good Christian kid. After we talk about what I am looking to accomplish, he gets to work doing a little investigation. A few minutes into this, he points out some wire and has to tell me that he would have done this differently. I ask him if it is dangerous, or against code and he says No to both. But has to point something out. I chuckle and we get back to business.

I think all of the construction Trades have a little of that in everyone.

Parts should be in next week and hopefully he will have time to install everything and I'll have what I need in a week or so!
I have a friend that does that. It makes no difference what the subject matter is though, he knows best...even if it's something he knows absolutely nothing about.

...and couldn't give a compliment if you held a gun to his head.

It's gets a little old.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I don't know about all this. All I can say Is I learned at an early age it's fun to insist that your baby brother lick two fingers and touch a wall outlet. :devil:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lol is an acronym of laugh out loud. It can be used as an interjection and a verb. Lol is one of the most common slang terms in electronic communications. Even though it means laugh out loud, lol is mostly used to indicate smiling or slight amusement.
I got the joke, I was pointing out your blasphemy and prideful statement.

Blasphemy, it's a sin son! Punishable by death! ...I say boy... Not tongue in cheek. That went right past your "ears to hear" didn't it boy! That's your problem, your're too busy making jokes about your creator to listen to his Word. I'll keep pitching them to ya as long as ya want to stand at the plate. Ya gonna keep missing them...?
SWING AND A MISS! :vs_shocked:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a friend that does that. It makes no difference what the subject matter is though, he knows best...even if it's something he knows absolutely nothing about.

...and couldn't give a compliment if you held a gun to his head.

It's gets a little old.
Seems you met my dad, nothing is right or it's impossible to do.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Btw, every seen a lineman working on downed line? Every see that yellow line from the standing line to the ground? Know what it is?
I'll say that it is a ground wire.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts