Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LCP had 4 mags, a pocket holster, Wolff springs and a Hogue Handall, the LC9 has a Lasermax, 2 mags and a Theiss IWB cowhide.

The LC9 is 21 for 21 on new reloads and kicks the brass into the next County.:grin:

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I kept both ruger (1).JPG
Once it is home it is just to hard to let one leave.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know , I Miss Elsie Pea already, but I have the one she was cloned from , a KelTec P3-AT.
The LC9 is smaller than my SR-22P

·
Super Moderator
8,602 Posts
My buddy bought one of those for cc. Great looking pistol and it feels good. It's hard to get a holster other than soft side and nearly impossible to get one LH.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Raven Concealment Systems and Crown Holster both offer kydex. I think Shepard Concealment offers them as well and I haven't even looked at the 3 Ruger forums I read.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LCP had 4 mags, a pocket holster, Wolff springs and a Hogue Handall, the LC9 has a Lasermax, 2 mags and a Theiss IWB cowhide.

The LC9 is 21 for 21 on new reloads and kicks the brass into the next County.:grin:
AquaHull,
I've always wondered how is the recoil on the LC9? I like the single stack magazine and the price too!, I had one in my hands not too long ago when I was buying my LCP. I took note to how lite the pistol felt that's why I'm asking about the recoil & if I could pry a little further what ammo were you using? have you tried any self-defense throught it yet?
G

·
Registered
365 Posts
^ recoil is easily manageable, not like the micro glocks in .40
I've had mine for a year and ran over 1k rounds through it.
Not perfect but good overall.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
My buddy bought one of those for cc. Great looking pistol and it feels good. It's hard to get a holster other than soft side and nearly impossible to get one LH.
Email this man his stuff is al lUS made very good . He stands behind it Gun Holsters and will make you what you need. Molded to the weapon and ship it off fast.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AquaHull,
I've always wondered how is the recoil on the LC9? I like the single stack magazine and the price too!, I had one in my hands not too long ago when I was buying my LCP. I took note to how lite the pistol felt that's why I'm asking about the recoil & if I could pry a little further what ammo were you using? have you tried any self-defense throught it yet?
G
Gun show reloads were what I used. I'll be testing some SD rounds on Milk Jugs after The Sabbath.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Any small sub compact weapon is going to have more felt recoil than a full size or compact. My LC9 has excepted every round I have tried in it,. I have not tried any cheaper steel case in yet.
I tend to shoot 115Gr and 124 gr JHP in tat size weapon.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I bought the Taurus PT111 Millennium PRO about 10 years ago. Got it from a friend. Holds 11 rounds. It is a decent, small, 9mm. I have shot it a couple times - been in my closet mostly. Like you said,,,you can feel the recoil a lot more than a full size.
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/handguns/brazil/1287718192.jpg
I do not shoot my full size ones that much any more but when I do I am always reminded of the difference. Full size double stack .45 has less felt recoil Than a sub compact 9mm.

Mos was 11B till I put the diamond on Then they make you a 11Z5M

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The recoil, safety and trigger aren't anywhere as bad as all the rumours state. I'm undecided about the mag release safety, since the mag has to be inserted to activate the trigger.

If you don't make sure the mag is unloaded, your head will be ringing and you'll be patching a hole in your home.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The recoil, safety and trigger aren't anywhere as bad as all the rumours state. I'm undecided about the mag release safety, since the mag has to be inserted to activate the trigger.

If you don't make sure the mag is unloaded, your head will be ringing and you'll be patching a hole in your home.
A good grips is very important on a smaller weapon.
As for the Mag safety I vote to keep it in even with trained gun users most Negligent discharges occur when the Mag has been removed and one was still chambered..
The argument about being in a gun fight holds no ground with me SD, CC is not a combat gun fight. You will load and unload you CC weapon 1000's of times you may be in a gun fight once.
Never relay on a safety. It is not your first level of protection but a back up. Explaining a .22 hole in wife's hard wood floor is never easy.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I was told never shoot a gun inside the house without warning. Sometimes critters get exterminated out the window. It's legal in my area, so I'll go with that.

Now the hole in the paneling is small and the outside is caulked.

Now the tinnitus is a different animal

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I was told never shoot a gun inside the house without warning. Sometimes critters get exterminated out the window. It's legal in my area, so I'll go with that.

Now the hole in the paneling is small and the outside is caulked.

Now the tinnitus is a different animal
Even great hearing aids suck ask me how I know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts