1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
What I have noticed is people seem to develop a happiness level early in life and unless there is something catastrophic happens they pretty well stay at that level regardless of how much money they make.
I think one reason you hear about so many rich and successful people committing sucide is they spent their life chasing money as a source of happiness only to find they have more money then they know what to do with and they are no happier then when they started.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
No regrets, lots of mistakes, lots of great achievements.
I feel this way "from the minute your born, you are already dieing. We are all gonna die, make peace with it, and determine how you live"

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I wish, in my youth, I had been friends with those that wanted to be my friend.

I wish I had helped my friends that I lost touch with that died early or took their own life.

I wish I had been less angry with others.

I wish I had realized earlier I was better than my parents bad stopped trying to please them.

I wish I had learned earlier the opinions of others mean little.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thought this could use a little bump. I'm surprised this thread died so fast.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If you can't defeat the bastard take him with you!
Amen

My life has had it' sups and downs. If a chance to change it came along I would pass. Traveled more of the world than many even know of.
Fought with good men against some evil one. If I go today I have no complains it was been great. I would leave 3 children to carry on and rest knowing they will.
I have had one fear for most of my adult life, it was not of dieing. It was of my wife dieing first and being without her. Knowing she was always there made the rest of it easy.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Amen

My life has had it' sups and downs. If a chance to change it came along I would pass. Traveled more of the world than many even know of.
Fought with good men against some evil one. If I go today I have no complains it was been great. I would leave 3 children to carry on and rest knowing they will.
I have had one fear for most of my adult life, it was not of dieing. It was of my wife dieing first and being without her. Knowing she was always there made the rest of it easy.
Ditto that.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The other side of that one is you only have 6 months to live. Thanks Doc.
Where is that list, the one with the names of people that need to go a few days before me.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
I wish I realized how fleeting time really is. I'm nowhere near death, yet (as far as I know), but already wish that.

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
Amen

Agree.

I have made more than my fair share of mistakes but it's that path that made me who I am. I kinda like how I turned out.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Some years back In a heated talked ( I dared to come to school in uniform) with public school teacher He said how would feel if you kids turned out like you.
I thought for a bit and replied mission accomplished. You see he was one the hated the service members with all his being.
Some of you know my sons are both SFC now and both in line for 1SG slots. Oldest already turned it down once to stay with his unit.
So to that teacher if he is till around I say Mission Accomplished.
Yes how could I question the path that lead here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.