1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
So, who do you bank with? I bank with a local bank that even stayed open during the depression, has bailed out Lloyd's of London, and been in business since the mid 19th century. There is no national chain bank that I have anything to do with - how about you (all)?

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The big banks have swallowed all the ones in my town. I do business with a credit union.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I do business with a local credit union.

·
Administrator
15,480 Posts
We bank with USAA, and I also have an account with a small bank system limited to 12 branches in SE Ga/NE Fla. My small town bank was not on the list for having taken federal bail out funds.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The big banks got the bail outs supposedly help folks with their mortgages. Whether you think this was a good idea or not they didn't do it. They sat on the money continued bonuses to their "talent" We now have the precedent that if you engage in risky financial strategies the taxpayers will bail you out with no effective strings attached money. You continue your lifestyle and working folks take it where the hair is short and curly.

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't think so much of bail-out, think more along the line of Cypriotic bail-in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts