Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem : I have a Cargo Glide XL1000 mounted in the back of my pickup truck .. I have two 26 gallon water containers that set on the slide .. on the exterior of the slide I have installed Foot Loops to co-inside with the moulded strap channels that are formed in each water container .. When I thread my cinch strap through and over the water containers it wants to pull the containers together ... I need to mount a tie down / anchor between the containers so that the cinch strap will be pulling the containers downward ... the deck is made of 3/4" plywood and has a rubber mat that is attached to the plywood .. I want to keep the top of the deck clean with no bolts or anchors mounted to it .. my thought is this ... if I drilled [say a 3/8" hole] through the deck and passed a toggle that had a paracord loop in it through that hole ... I would then be able to thread the cinch strap through the paracord loop with is now being exposed on the top of the deck .. giving me a way to create a anchor point ... this way when I remove the water containers I can extend the Cargo Glide out and the toggle would drop down onto the tailgate for easy retrieval ... any and all thoughts both positive and critical are welcome .. thanks Glenn in Phx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts