Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

To be honest zombies,werewolves etc just isn't going to happen. Now Hurricanes, earthquakes,economic collapse, etc can happen. I believe natural disasters will be the dismiss of the world.. Not all at once but gradually. I mean i was in the middle of hurricane sandy and it was so unreal. 3 hours gas lines. No power 4 weeks. People actually chained there generators to there cars( i have pics) lol. What does everyone think????

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tell me it ain't so....!!!!
Give me some solid truth...and I will return all my zombie
stuff back for a refund. I have invested !!!
Just kiddin'.

I grew up in Galveston...many yrs ago.
We always expected natural disaster.....it was a
way of life preparing for the 'season'.

One thing I don't see much talk about.....only in semi-tight circles....
is the disasters that may 'appear' to be from Mother Nature, but are
[will be] created by man.
Confused ?
Think 'sink holes' from drilling the shit outta the Earth.....
and all that encompasses that realm.

Here is an example, and a hell of a read, if you will take the time.....
and nothing to do with the current media exposure.....
this is 1980.......WTF did we learn ?
Endangered Earth Sinkholes Lake Peigneur: The Swirling Vortex of Doom

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wow that is some crazy stuff. Yea def like i said i witnessed first hand hurricane sandy, which NJ wasnt ready for and it crushed us....I fear Natural disasters more then anything
The sad part.....
Jersey should have been prepared for it.

Other than the people Sandy affected in NJ.....
it broke my heart how it hit Henry Rifle.

Maybe Henry Rifle will move it's plant to.........................Illinois.
[don't even say it....I am a sarcastic biotch!]

Reactions: AsteroidX

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey Guys,

To be honest zombies,werewolves etc just isn't going to happen. Now Hurricanes, earthquakes,economic collapse, etc can happen. I believe natural disasters will be the dismiss of the world.. Not all at once but gradually. I mean i was in the middle of hurricane sandy and it was so unreal. 3 hours gas lines. No power 4 weeks. People actually chained there generators to there cars( i have pics) lol. What does everyone think????
I think the sad part is, the sheeple still won't prep. They will go back to relying on the guberment to save them again. I don't believe in zombies, Nostradamus and all that other crap. Natural disasters, loss of my job, or terrorism is what I prep for. I used to not be too concerned about a terrorist attack crippling our country, but I'm currently reading "One Second After", and it really does make you think. With all the Muslims out there wanting to cripple our country, I suppose it is a significant possibility.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I believe most preppers are there for the economic collapse/natural disaster scenarios. If a TEOTWAWKI event occurred preps would be handy but even the best prepped person is gonna struggle in a cataclysm.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@TrainerShawn...I agree like i said im in NJ im 20 min away from city and was in NYC was 9-11 happened. Then i live on the jersey shore and it was horrific. I volunteered for helping people clean out house for 3 weeks it was unreal... I prep for natural disasters and terrorist. But i strongly believe that the world will RESET just like when dinosaurs were extinct ya know?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes and No. I don't know that we truly understand what happened to the dinosaurs. And, it's been speculated that biblically, man and dinosaur walked the earth together. Can't remember which church I belonged to at the time but when I asked the question, they gave me a dvd to watch. Anyway, I also have seen "experts" speculate that we're reaching critical mass. They say the world was intended for a billion population and we are 7 times that. It's hard to know what to believe and what to keep in the back of your mind, and what to discard. For me, I guess at the end of the day I have to maintain my faith that God is in control and his "will" for my life is not for me to question. In a cataclysmic event, I would hope that me and my family are spared the suffering and are removed from the earth in the beginning. Who knows, I think we're due for another pandemic. There are a lot of scenarios that can play out, so I try to be prepared for anything. You know the saying, "Prepare for the worst and hope for the best".

·
Registered
363 Posts
BTW, I have a really bad head cold right now and I'm taking different medications for it. But hopefully my comments are making sense:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I used too not beleve in such untill
I seen too creathures walkin in the tember hear in ozarks
Shit...I seen them too.
Scared me to death. Pissed my shorts, and I ran like hell.
I was down by the east fork of the little red river.....by Arlberg
off Hwy 110.....the road towards Meadow Creek and the Moon Farm
about halfway in-between, just before Lick Hill......
I ain't going back down there for a while.....
at least not without my buddy Conley Broyles....
he'll kick their ass.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes are very many NUTS out there. I surely don't thnk I will be in prone position shooting zombies as the egore their way across my field. But there may very well be times with different targets in the crosshairs. I prep for many reasons but I do not live in fear of no zombie attack for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts