Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I hear every semi automatic rifle referred to as an "assault rifle" I think it just benefits the cause to ban them. I think that law abiding citizens should take a play from the canine playbook, We used to call Police K-9 Officers "bite dogs" and the sniffers "drug dogs". They felt bite dog was too aggressive so we were told to call them "Police Service Dogs". The German Shepard is also a "Working breed."

I would like to change the name of the AR (Assault Rifle) 15 to SR 15 or "Service Rifle-15" or "Working Rifle" 15.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Ditto. I cringe every time I hear someone say it when referring to a "Military Patterned Semi-Automatic Rifle". Cosmetic features do not make a rifle an "Assault Rifle"; Anymore than the amount of make-up Tammy Faye Baker put on made her a whore. It may look like one, but it doesn't necessarily make them one. :grin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Personally, I don't have a problem with "assault rifle". But, I hate the way the term is used to attack the weapon by the left.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wonder what Custer would call the Henry repeating rifles the Indians had when they whip his 3 shot high walls. So I guess that would be an assault rifle also by the standard some set on guns. Needless to say I've always found the term a joke as their really is little in common between a military issued firearm and a civilian firearm in most cases.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Perhaps we could simply limit the terminology to the Hollywood types.
I'm comfortable with calling them semi auto rifles or by the manufacturers designation, AR15, M1A1 etc.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
No one should like the term 'assault rifle', it's a term used by the media and anti's to make them evil--
Besides, assault rifles are selective fire and only legal for military and class 3 license holders.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
"Modern sporting rifle" or "modern sporting firearm" is a nice liberal term,

That everyone should be able to agree on.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Their usage of the term displays ignorance or their agenda in some cases both. Since the media does have an agenda in most cases I believe they will use the term they feel is most likely to garner a negative response from the gullible. In other cases it may simply be ignorance I remember reading a report of a robbery where the robbers left behind "A .22 caliber sawed off shotgun" Journalists are not always the sharpest tools in the shed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Actually "AR" is short for Armalite.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Mrs Inor and I agree with Alterego and call ours "modern sporting rifles" in polite company. In our circle of friends and family, we just call them "guns". Actually, I think the term "guns" is more accurate around libtards because when they talk about "banning assault rifles" what they really mean is a ban on all guns. I think we might consider calling free speech and penises "guns" as well since the libs seem equally anxious to ban those as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Assault rifles, as I recall, have three outstanding characteristics: a detachable magazine, the ability to fire an intermediate size rifle cartridge, and selective fire, both full and semiautomatic. Civilian lookalikes lack the selective fire option. Good names for our AR's AK's, Mini-14's or whatever flavor of rife you own: PDW (Personal Defense Weapon), Semiautomatic Sporter or Sporting rifle, HDR (Home Defense Rifle), Utility Rifle, or fill in the blank ____________? Let's propose some good names and promote them. Example: every time a progressive uses the term "assault rifle", or "assault weapon", we use the term "Personal Defense Weapon", or whatever we agree on to debunk their propaganda.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man that is one sweet high volume perimeter repulsion and eradication device! No?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have an older Remington semi auto 30-06, and a newer sporting .223

one is a deer rifle, and one is not,

which one in more dangerous toward injury and death for a human.

This is what really gets to me when the libs discuss banning these rifles.

The .223 caliber ball ammo is a humanitarian round compared to the 30-06 core locked 180 grain sierra boat tails.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I think SAR or SAC are good names for "modern defensive weapons. Semi-Automatic Rifle or Semi-Automatic Carbine is descriptive but not dangerous or evil sounding. I don't own any SACs but I do own a SAR - one.

Reactions: nechaev
1 - 17 of 17 Posts