Any great tips for preparing your house against a roving band of Marauders?
We live on a dead end dirt road 6 miles outside a one stop light town of 2,000 people.do you thank every person be out to gat you? that must be a bad way to leve do you look over your shulder all day long? i leave my door unlocked
When we bought our place 12 years ago nobody in the neighborhood locked their doors or their windows. It's a nice semi-suburbarn / farmland area and pretty quiet.do you thank every person be out to gat you? that must be a bad way to leve do you look over your shulder all day long? i leave my door unlocked
Wow! That is a well thought out list!
- Rose bushes under windows with huge thorns
- House dogs inside
- Mean F'ing dogs outside
- Get a PO box instead of mail delivered to your home, or have a trusted friend get your mail so when your on vacation people will not know your gone.
- Fireproof sealant for your exterior surfaces
- Metal roof
- There is a new unbreakable plexiglass that you can actually see through, use for windows
- UPS (with everything connected for failback in case of intentional power cuts).
- Hardwire phones
- Security cameras
- Motion detectors
- If in the woods, hidden gas cans near trees, plenty of tracers.........You get the idea.
- Yard sprinklers pointed towards house, inside switch. In case someone lights up your home with a cocktail.
- Access to the roof from inside the house, keep something in the attic that can punch a hole through the roof.
- If in low areas prone to flooding, keep a raft in your attic with a pump.
- Yard sign like a ADT security, also on all of your windows. Driveway sign with warnings as well.
- Electric (battery powered) door locks on all doors that automatically lock when exiting and you have to use a keycode to get back in. Also one for your garage.
- Catfish line strung tree to tree when shtf, at least 30lb test. Raiders cannot see it that good and will slow them down.
- Barbwire, broken glass, roof tacks through your yard when shtf.
- Build a very high raised garden bed on all 4 corners of your home with railroad ties, inside sandbags lining the walls. Fashion a lattice style false bed during the summer, have it for quick pill boxes during shtf.
- Buy a junk car for $100, have it towed to your home, leave it there so when your at work people think someone is home.
- Trust worthy neighbors to watch out for your home, as well as theirs.
- Security lights, motion sensored or electric company rented.
- Pre range your yardage of objects in your area, have list next to each window. Example: Neighbor across street house 200 yards etc.
- 550 steel plates from welding companies purchased and fashioned with a bolt hole precut. Fashion them when shtf to the surroundings of your windows for protection if you have to man a window.