Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts were that tinfoil gets expensive. What are yours?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
He's trying to bait us in for another one of his troll festivals.

Reactions: SOCOM42 and Kauboy

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that were true, I'd have already caught both of you. One post each. One for one.

·
Premium Member
9,850 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. My only thought was that the guy's a tinfoil dude with a microphone, and it's going to cost him. Whether he wins or loses.

·
Registered
11,980 Posts
Okay. My only thought was that the guy's a tinfoil dude with a microphone, and it's going to cost him. Whether he wins or loses.
Alex Jones is getting more publicity and fresh exposure, It just a cost of doing business in his world. Keep in mind, Alex is only political orientated entertainment.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I've listened to Jones twice. The first time and last time.

Not too concerned what he does/says or doesn't....

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Alex Jones is getting more publicity and fresh exposure, It just a cost of doing business in his world. Keep in mind, Alex is only political orientated entertainment.
You call that gas bag entertainment?

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Here's Jones on that issue.
Also, you'll enjoy the segment showing a Syrian "doctor" faking passing out...

·
Registered
11,980 Posts
You call that gas bag entertainment?
I get the drift of your comment, however It matters not what I nor you think of Jones. His media empire has annual revenues way north of 10 mil annually. Not bad pay for throwing fuel on the fire.

Reactions: Denton

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,744 Posts
Anybody ever seen how tin foil gets made?
When my wife was in the hospital after giving birth to our daughter, I caught a show that detailed the process.

Basically, they cast a huge monolithic billet of aluminum, and then pass it through a rolling press thousands of times. Back and forth, back and forth, constantly dousing it with water to keep it cool while it slowly compresses out into a thin sheet that can be sliced and rolled with ease. Really impressive process.

Does anyone else have any anecdotes concerning tin foil?
That is the topic of discussion according to the thread.

·
Premium Member
9,850 Posts
It also has many useful applications!

Bake a perfect pie crust. ...
Create special-shaped cake pans. ...
Soften up brown sugar. ...
Decorate a cake. ...
Keep rolls and breads warm. ...
Catch ice-cream cone drips. ...
Polish your silver. ...
Keep silverware untarnished.

More in the link...

Bake a perfect pie crust. ... Create special-shaped cake pans. ... Soften up brown sugar. ... Decorate a cake. ... Keep rolls and breads warm. ... Catch ice-cream cone drips. ... Polish your silver. ... Keep silverware untarnished.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Link says "page not found".

How do you polish silverware with it?

·
Banned
21,290 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Huh.

I'd heard of a handful of fools trying to do something similar in the service with brass, but since they all got in trouble for tarnished brass, I never paid any more attention to them.

The biggest drawback to aluminum is that it takes an enormous amount of electricity to manufacture new, so much that plants need to be located close to dams.

If you work hard enough, you can produce iron in your backyard. But you can't produce aluminum without major industrial support.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts