Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been several discussions on this and my recent realization that the government may be our biggest concern has me really worried.
I can handle the Zombies. A tank in my front yard could be a problem.
With the government gearing up for civil unrest (which they caused, or will cause) I'm pretty sure they know when & where it will start. But they might have some logistics issues. The U.S. is pretty big so if nothing else they will need to deploy troops & equipment which should be rather noticeable. Of course the first ones hit might have little to no warning and it makes sense to hit the heavily populated areas first. So those of us who live in major cities should be worried. Those in small towns or alone might have a fighting chance. At the slightest hint it's better safe than sorry. It's easy to return if nothing happened.
Here I am sounding like one of those jackasses on TV. I hope it's just a temporary knee-jerk reaction.
I have the means to get out of Dodge now... completely. Maybe invest in a yacht & go sailing for a few years. Not sure of the best plan of action. That might be fine for me & immediate family but doesn't help anyone else.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If they can even use the military to lock the country down with those willing they have to lock down the most heavily populated areas first otherwise the dogs will get out of the pen in mass. The population far exceeds the military in shear numbers and a good amount of the military are not ground troops capable of locking down anything more than a chowhall donut.

Military Strength of United States of America

If you live in a major city and think it's going to hit the fan, than it would be only smart to get out while you can. Either way, for a prepper it's a smart move to transition to anyways. The cities will not be a place fit for good people. Like they even are now.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Military taking over the citizens? I never see it happening. We have a volunteer citizen army. You think a soldier is going to let his mother/father/sister/brother be rounded up into a camp? No chance. So, once we have a mercenary army, loaded up with soldiers hired from outside the US, you aren't going to have a force take over the US.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they can even use the military to lock the country down with those willing they have to lock down the most heavily populated areas first otherwise the dogs will get out of the pen in mass. The population far exceeds the military in shear numbers and a good amount of the military are not ground troops capable of locking down anything more than a chowhall donut.

Military Strength of United States of America

If you live in a major city and think it's going to hit the fan, than it would be only smart to get out while you can. Either way, for a prepper it's a smart move to transition to anyways. The cities will not be a place fit for good people. Like they even are now.
Excellent point. It's been a long time since I was in the military, I forgot how screwed up it was. But... just because I wouldn't follow unjust orders doesn't mean that others won't. Fortunately there simply isn't enough troops to pull it off.

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
Military taking over the citizens? I never see it happening. We have a volunteer citizen army. You think a soldier is going to let his mother/father/sister/brother be rounded up into a camp? No chance. So, once we have a mercenary army, loaded up with soldiers hired from outside the US, you aren't going to have a force take over the US.
Study your history.
WWII internment camps, Japanese-Americans, Italian-Americans, German-Americans rounded up and kept behind barbed wire for several years.
American soldiers using force against Americans? Even fellow veterans? Yes, the attack on the Bonus Army on the Washington Mall in the 1930's. Yes, troops and vehicles from Fort Hood burning men, women and children to death in Waco, Texas.
Make no mistake - I love my country, it's the govrnment I don't trust.
We live in dangerous times. Very dangerous times.
In my 64 years I have not seen the level of animosity, anger, and the beginnings of downright hatred that are present today. Not during the civil rights riots where cities burned and people died, not during the anti-Vietnam War riots where cities burned and people died.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt, but I read somewhere that US military personnel are training foreign troops on US soil.

Reactions: Denton

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
We live in dangerous times. Very dangerous times.
In my 64 years I have not seen the level of animosity, anger, and the beginnings of downright hatred that are present today. Not during the civil rights riots where cities burned and people died, not during the anti-Vietnam War riots where cities burned and people died.
Ditto. I don't remember it ever being this bad. But I do believe this situation really started growing in the 60's.

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
Ditto. I don't remember it ever being this bad. But I do believe this situation really started growing in the 60's.
And the young radicals then are tenured professors now, indoctrinating our youth.
The young radicals then also procreated and some of those children, now grown themselves, must be in politics. I mean, how else can one explain the radicals that are running the current Obama administration?
I know which side I stand on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt, but I read somewhere that US military personnel are training foreign troops on US soil.
Nothing new. We do joint training with foreign militarizes overseas all the time, and occasionally have them here for the same thing. 'bout a year ago I played OpFor for a Brigade of the 82nd and a Canadian Airborne Battalion at Ft. Bragg, NC. By itself, this type of training isn't always bad. It's what they're training for that could be the issue.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nothing new. We do joint training with foreign militarizes overseas all the time, and occasionally have them here for the same thing. 'bout a year ago I played OpFor for a Brigade of the 82nd and a Canadian Airborne Battalion at Ft. Bragg, NC. By itself, this type of training isn't always bad. It's what they're training for that could be the issue.
and a buddy of mine has been to Quebec Canada for Air Force training...its a common practice.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I admit my perspective could be off

We homeschooled our children for several years, and then sent them to private Christian schools. But recently I talked to my 25 year old son who has been working and going to college and just recently joined the ARNG and got back from training. He has for several years between working and schooling (no loans). He is the most conservative and the most eyes wide open person I have ever met. When I told him my SHTF scenerio for comming back to my place, he didn't bat an eye and said "well ya, who doesn't know that and the ranch is the place to go".
What I am saying is don't discount all of the youth, some see that it is a setup and it will go bad. Even my rouge liberal (4th) son got excited seeing Ron Paul at a rally in Idaho last year. FYI I have 5 kids so don't try and follow the logic. The problem with trying to socialize the youth is that they know what freedom looks like and it is a hard sell to go communist.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Sure, and we train foreign military people on our aircraft (Allied Military Training Detachment).

What has been changing is who is our "allies" and what they are doing - which is making contact with the citizenry.

Things aren't as they used to be, and they damned sure aren't the way they should be.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
There have been several discussions on this and my recent realization that the government may be our biggest concern has me really worried.
I can handle the Zombies. A tank in my front yard could be a problem. <snip>
I have faith that, en masse, the US military will not stand against it's own people. Remember a good strong percentage of our fighting force comes from, rural and southern origins. I hope that the values they grew up with hold strong. I have the same faith in local law enforcement for at least smaller and mid sized towns and cities. I do not discount the use of instigators and red flag scenarios to prompt action, but it's going to be a tough row to hoe for a large scale operation.

The slow erosion of our foundations of freedom worry more. I figure if a Bradley or Abrams shows up in my yard I'm pretty much screwed when they find my gun safe anyway, lol. I don't fear mechanized infantry as much as I do airborn IR equiped surveillance. That really worries me since staying on the move is always one of the last options. It's a large country, but technology can shrink it pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
As we did in my time also. Foreign troops are here all the time for training, drinking our beer, using their slick foreign accents to get the panties off the local women. Bastards.:mrgreen:
Of course two can play that game though I wasn't with the guys who went over to Britain. I know a buddy donated some American loving to some local British ladies. I'm more worried about the joint agreement Bush made years back in trading troops during civil unrest with Canada. If Canadian troops come here and force government will there will be bloodshed.

US And Canada Agree To ?Swap? Troops During Civil Emergencies! | The Tonka Report

N. American Army created without OK by Congress

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Why should our military not follow un Constitutional orders, our LEO's break their oath to the Constitution all the time and violate citizens civil rights every day in the name of justice, just like judges and lawyers. THey are part of the government and their interests are not the Constitution or of the people's well being, but the dollar and control of the people.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
They aren't stupid. The powers that be can't be compared to the California politicos who created a bullet button or retail magazine parts kits. These people will simply turn the dial on the burner up and bring the nation to a greater boil. Newtown Conn was an example of an opportunity to turn p the dial. Most Preppers and others just lost valuable resources due to price hikes....mission accomplished.

They don't need to "lock down" or engage in military action. They simply take it one legislative act at a time. Next move is to open the border just like europe and let the leftist votes come crawling in to offset the typical political reversal that happens after an 8 year regime. I think after that the perfecting of social-Obama-care will be in order. And don't forget they'll need to thank the students and waive some student loans

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sure, and we train foreign military people on our aircraft (Allied Military Training Detachment).

What has been changing is who is our "allies" and what they are doing - which is making contact with the citizenry.

Things aren't as they used to be, and they damned sure aren't the way they should be.
That was my original point. What I read, and I can't remember the country, is that the troops they were training were not what I would call allies. I'll have to see if I can track down the original source.

Reactions: Denton

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
I believe this whole "gun control" debate is just to distract the populace.
The grand scheme is much, much bigger.

Obama Poised For Hostile Takeover Of US? Obama Poised to Carry Out Hostile Military Takeover of US : Godfather Politics

I've felt all along that 2012 would be the last election in this country.

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes

And you people who live in liberal, gun control states under the thumbs of liberal democratic politicians will be first in line, since this can not take place all at once.

Let us know how it turns out.

Reactions: Fuzzee
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.