Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a new "what are you reading now"? thread

What are you reading now?, or hope to read soon. Maybe you have ordered something for yourself or asked for it for Christmas?

A recent thread lead me to go back and re-read; The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War: Thomas DiLorenzo: 9780761526469: Amazon.com: Books
The whole time you're reading it your brain will be flashing obummer, obummer! as you recognize many tricks pulled by the great centralizer are being pulled again today by the great imposter!

Recently finished; The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus: Richard Preston: 8601401254928: Amazon.com: Books

and;
Hitler's Cross: The Revealing Story of How the Cross of Christ was Used as a symbol of the Nazi Agenda: Erwin W.. Lutzer, Erwin W. W.. Lutzer, Erwin W. Lutzer, Ravi Zacharias: 9780802435835: Amazon.com: Books

I think my next one will be; Lives of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence: Benson J. Lossing: 9780925279453: Amazon.com: Books
Most people know the importance of the Declaration of Independence, but few know much about its signers. This reprint of an 1848 original provides a brief biography on each of the fifty-six signers of the Declaration. Learn the virtues of these venerated Americans who helped create the most stable and enviable nation in the world.
(It also speaks to what each man risked and/or lost in the struggle for our freedom.)

Recently received; The Model 1903 Springfield Rifle and its Variations, 4th Revised Edition: Joe Poyer: 9781882391301: Amazon.com: Books
Mine is the 3rd edition. Don't know when I'll get around to reading it, not real important since it will be quite a while before I'll have the coin to purchase a rifle.

Reactions: Ralph Rotten

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm reading The Motivation Manifesto by Brendan Burchard (sp). Great book on understanding your own mind.
I've loved it so far, highly recommended for those that read self-help type books.
Also Studying TANTRA ILLUMINATED by Christopher Wallis - A book about the history, principles and practices of Tantra (Where yoga comes from)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I am totally engrossed in "THE CAINE MUTUNY", the 1951 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Herman Wouk.

Many years ago, I had of course seen the movie with Bogart as Captain Queeg, but for some reason, I had never read the book. As an old Navy man, I am really liking the book. And as soon as I finish, I have the movie on tap from Netflicks.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I started to read Lights Out for the third time last night while Inor was dispensing his wit and wisdom here. All of a sudden the power went out for about ten seconds.
Inor almost did the beer through the nose thing when I showed him what I was reading.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I started to read Lights Out for the third time last night while Inor was dispensing his wit and wisdom here. All of a sudden the power went out for about ten seconds.
Inor almost did the beer through the nose thing when I showed him what I was reading.
I just gotta ask -- does Inor really look like that avatar of a pirate-looking Rooster Cogburn? That face would scare my dogs. :eek:

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
A recent thread lead me to go back and re-read; The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War: Thomas DiLorenzo: 9780761526469: Amazon.com: Books
The whole time you're reading it your brain will be flashing obummer, obummer! as you recognize many tricks pulled by the great centralizer are being pulled again today by the great imposter!
I have been looking for a book to read in two weeks when I have to go to Augusta, GA. I think I may have found it! Thanks Boss Dog!

Reactions: hag

·
Registered
12,436 Posts
50 yards to the outhouse by Willie Makeit, illistrated by Betty Won't.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
May I recommend? The Patriot's Handbook: A Citizenship Primer for a New Generation of Americans: George Grant: 9781581824032: Amazon.com: Books

The Patriot's Handbook / George Grant

British philosopher G. K. Chesterton once quipped that America is the only nation ever founded on a creed. While other nations find their identity in geography, culture, ideology, or ethnic origin, America was founded on certain ideas about freedom, human dignity, and social responsibility.

Early in the nineteenth century, American educators began to realize that if this great experiment in liberty was to be maintained, then an informed patriotism would have to be instilled in the young. The ideals that produced the nation needed to pass from one generation to the next; thus, these educators presented rising new citizens with a small handbook containing the essential elements of the American creed.

The Patriot's Handbook is a twenty-first century version of that tradition. A concise introduction to the ideas, events, and personalities of American freedom, it is a valuable resource for anyone who wishes to understand the nation's identity as it has developed from its founding until now. Included are key documents:

The Mayflower Compact
The Declaration of Independence
The Federalist Papers
Speeches, poems, song lyrics, and profiles of the presidents and many of the leaders who have shaped the nation's history

"A fabulous resorce that puts many influencial and founding documents in one volume at your fingertips". those are my flowery words!
And I see Amazon has a bunch of used ones real cheap!

Reactions: Inor

·
Registered
627 Posts
Global Economics - Yes... as boring as it sounds it is even more boring to read. Combine this with multiple other books related to this topic....

On the side I am reading Pandora's Star - Some compared it to a sci-fi version of game of thrones and I wanted something enjoyable to read outside of my doom and gloom and history novels I noramlly read.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The Hangman's Daughter Tales "The Beggar King". first book is called "The Hangman's Daughter" and is the best one out of the series so far for me. the series is written by Oliver Pötzsch.

Reactions: BagLady

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
"The Death of Money, the Coming Colapse of the International Monetary System" by James Rickards. Sounds dry, but Jim Rickards has a talent for making it readable and exciting. And I have to admit, I love CT Horners stuff.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I tend to read a couple of books at the same time. Right now I'm reading "WHEN THERE IS NO FEMA" by Richard Bryant. It is pretty basic. I'm also reading "FATAL TERRAIN" by Dale Brown. Candy for the brain.

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
Time for a new "what are you reading now"? thread

What are you reading now?, or hope to read soon. Maybe you have ordered something for yourself or asked for it for Christmas?

Recently finished; The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus: Richard Preston: 8601401254928: Amazon.com: Books

and;
Hitler's Cross: The Revealing Story of How the Cross of Christ was Used as a symbol of the Nazi Agenda: Erwin W.. Lutzer, Erwin W. W.. Lutzer, Erwin W. Lutzer, Ravi Zacharias: 9780802435835: Amazon.com: Books

I think my next one will be; Lives of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence: Benson J. Lossing: 9780925279453: Amazon.com: Books
Most people know the importance of the Declaration of Independence, but few know much about its signers. This reprint of an 1848 original provides a brief biography on each of the fifty-six signers of the Declaration. Learn the virtues of these venerated Americans who helped create the most stable and enviable nation in the world.
(It also speaks to what each man risked and/or lost in the struggle for our freedom.)

Recently received; The Model 1903 Springfield Rifle and its Variations, 4th Revised Edition: Joe Poyer: 9781882391301: Amazon.com: Books
Mine is the 3rd edition. Don't know when I'll get around to reading it, not real important since it will be quite a while before I'll have the coin to purchase a rifle.
I dont read sheet cept on Alfgore's cyber highway. I cant see small print too good and if I can decipher what they saying it usually makes me mad. Now I do read the local paper occasionally just to make sure the commie liberals are still causing trouble. Also the want ads since I have been thinking of getting a job maybe..since the little bride is driving me crazy to me around her so much. Retirement is a bitch. Dont ever do it. Too much together time can drive folks nuts.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Nothing. Nada. Zip.
Hopefully hit the "Big City" library tomorrow!!!
Goin thru withdrawls...:shock:

Reactions: bigwheel

·
Administrator
14,679 Posts
At the moment it is The Last 100 Days by John Toland, an account of the final days of WWII in Europe; and Hap, a biography of Hap Arnold, who held Pilots License #2 from the Wright Brothers, and went on to become the father of the US Army Air Corps (which was renamed the Air Force in 1947).
It was because of Hap that we had the most dominant air force in WWII that the world has ever seen, before or since.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts