·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,715 Posts

·
Registered
Bugging IN
150 Posts
Who has USA invaded in recent decades? Grenada, Panama, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan - none of which are on our border provoking us.
We don't have to take a side with every issue around the world, but- my $$$ is on Putin.

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
Who has USA invaded in recent decades? Grenada, Panama, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan - none of which are on our border provoking us.
We don't have to take a side with every issue around the world, but- my $$$ is on Putin.
With the way things are escalating, this won't end well with either side.I'm no fan of Putin's by a long shot. But NATO has been poking this bear for quite a while. Putin is predictable and seems to be reacting the way they want him too.

The war is coming. That seems to be the message. Many countries have chosen sides. NATO vs the Axis if you will. Saudi Arabia has basically told Biden to piss off. They are openly mocking him on their TV shows. Israel seems to be on the fence about which side they will take. Both Obummer and Brandon have pissed them off too. India is making nice with China now and have been friendly to Russia for a long time. It's funny that all the countries we buy our products from seem to be going to the other side. Since the US doesn't like to manufacture much anymore, this too can and will put us in a world of hurt. Brandon told people at a UN gathering to expect a worldwide famine. I tend to believe him. They are blaming this on Russia but actually it started when the plandemic hit. They started shutting down farms because of the vid. Now they are slaughtering chickens by the millions due to the bird flu. Expect another plandemic. Fauci is already talking about shutting things down again come fall.

Most of the country seems to be cheering this war on. I don't think they understand that this time it will most likely hit our shores. They won't like that much when it happens. But still I see mostly positive comments about the coming war.

There have been hints of reviving the draft. The way this admin is going and with the backing of the woke generation, I expect the draft to not only happen but be open to all. Yup, expect women to be drafted too. Then watch to see how the majority of people react.

JMHO but I think this next year is going to be very interesting indeed. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
216 Posts
As has been stated before, the West agreed to not go any farther to the east if Russia didn't have a fit over the reunification of Germany. Russia agreed to this, but the West has not held up its end of the deal.
Wrong... The US made that deal with the Soviet Union not with Russia. When the Soviet Union fell the deal fell with it.

Also Finland has been anti-Russian since before the first World War and, Ukraine as a sovereign nation can decide to join NATO if it chooses. Russia can itself always ask to join NATO but, they don't try, why? Never have, why?

Google Image Result for https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/INTERACTIVE-USSR-republics.png?w=770&resize=770%2C770

Google Image Result for http://www.yourchildlearns.com/online-atlas/images/cold-war-map.gif

The fact is;
1. Putin wants to reclaim Soviet Lands from the Soviet Collapse... Rebuild the USSR.
2. Putin's use of Commandos and insurgent political destabilization (state sponsored terrorism) will fall out if the Ukraine joins NATOs because NATO will beef up the Ukrainian military tactically and technically. He will also lose his chance to reclaim the Ukraine and other former Soviet States, if the Ukraine joins NATO.
3. Putin cannot hold up agreements to nation that no longer exist, as if they are still valid and, he cannot use Spetsnaz and Guerrillas to control part of the Ukraine he wishes to annex, if the Ukraine joins NATO.
4. Russia will not be able to beat the US military in a land war. Here is why... We have better tech, we have a better command structure and organizational structure to our military. The Russians are mostly training in mechanized infantry tactics and trench warfare with a heavy focus on individual skills, as individual soldiers they out perform us in Hand-to-Hand combat, marksmanship (sniper training is just another infantry skill) and, raw grit. We out perform them in small-unit tactics, camouflage, mobility and specialized combat roles. Which is how the Finns beat Russian and Soviet pushes to take Finland before WWI and after WWII.

Russia is taking heavy losses against rag-tag Ukrainian militias and under supplied professional soldiers with a few US toys. They would have to nuke us to win and we can just as easily nuke them in response.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is going to be a grain shortage because of this war. The Russians solution to this is to steal the grain and try to sell it in the global market. Their ships filled with Ukrainian grain are coming out of Crimea. But they have been turned away at ports because no one wants to fund the Russian's war chest. Meanwhile the Ukrainian farmers are planting in a warzone out of a sense of duty with full grain silos and promises that a plan to transport that grain and get them paid is underway. One of the two sides will stand to profit from this. But if the grain rots there will be famine in places like Africa and higher prices everywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
10,715 Posts
Blaming it on Russia is a quick and easy solution. The problem though it the shortage started rearing it's ugly head a few years before the war. But it makes a good narrative so carry on.
The war undoubtedly made it worse.
A slow shortage is easier to handle than an abrupt one.

@wraithofroncollins, I heard that NATO members privately made it clear to Ukraine that they would not be allowed to join, but would publicly present as if it was possible. This lead to Russia believing it was possible, and even likely, which moved up their timeline to move into Ukraine.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
216 Posts
@wraithofroncollins, I heard that NATO members privately made it clear to Ukraine that they would not be allowed to join, but would publicly present as if it was possible. This lead to Russia believing it was possible, and even likely, which moved up their timeline to move into Ukraine.
Very likely... I Understand Finland has a better military closer to NATO specifications. The Ukraine is still rocking old Soviet AKs and so wouldn't be able to join NATO with updating their military.

·
Super Moderator
10,715 Posts
Very likely... I Understand Finland has a better military closer to NATO specifications. The Ukraine is still rocking old Soviet AKs and so wouldn't be able to join NATO with updating their military.
As people from said country have informed me, it's just "Ukraine". We don't say "The Germany", do we? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
216 Posts
As people from said country have informed me, it's just "Ukraine". We don't say "The Germany", do we? :ROFLMAO:
The Germany would laugh... or maybe we would say it if they The "Germanines."

41 - 60 of 62 Posts