Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm not aware of what thread(s) you are refering to, but I do know there are threads about each of the subjects you listed that have legs. I don't want to insinuate, especially since I am not familiar with the thread(s) you are talking about, but is it possible the reason they/it was removed was because of manner in which they were addressed and the language used?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose but do not recall bad language. Even then it seems post could be delegated. Also it seems with removal there is an obligation to say it was and why under the original title. Just to cut it and leave people searching for it is cowardly.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Really. The only Muslim I know personally came here from Turkey with nothin' and now has five Subways worth $2,000,000. Did you notice that the U.S. prison population is about 25% Mexican?

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
I have no quarrel with the way this site is run.
The threads that I have seen dissapear in the year that I have been here deserved to go.
If anyone does not like the way this site is run, I respectfully suggest they go find a site they like better.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
While there are no mosques within 75 miles of my house there is a place on the 7th day Adventist campuses for a prayer room that is used by members of the Islamic faiths.

Note: I said Islamic faiths because there are many different faiths that fall under that "umbrella" just as there are many different faiths that fall under the Christian "umbrella".

·
Registered
58 Posts
While there are no mosques within 75 miles of my house there is a place on the 7th day Adventist campuses for a prayer room that is used by members of the Islamic faiths.

Note: I said Islamic faiths because there are many different faiths that fall under that "umbrella" just as there are many different faiths that fall under the Christian "umbrella".
The weird thing is how we've made enemies of the more moderate (relatively speaking) Shi'a while cozying up the most hardcore fundamentalists in Saudi Arabia.

I remember when the Soviets pulled out of Afghanistan and the regime in Kabul fought on for quite some time, desperate not to lose to the tribal people. And I realized that for the people in Afghanistan, communism was a significant step up from what awaited them.

Check out these pictures from before the country went to hell.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The weird thing is how we've made enemies of the more moderate (relatively speaking) Shi'a while cozying up the most hardcore fundamentalists in Saudi Arabia.

I remember when the Soviets pulled out of Afghanistan and the regime in Kabul fought on for quite some time, desperate not to lose to the tribal people. And I realized that for the people in Afghanistan, communism was a significant step up from what awaited them.

Check out these pictures from before the country went to hell.
Who did American oil companies have contracts with?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Who did American oil companies have contracts with?
I don't know all the answers, but Afghanistan's problems seem to come from a multiple sources: legacies of the Great Game between Russia and Britain, communism's legacy, the tribal division of the country, lack of education, radical Islam, opium, the scramble for resources, etc. All I know is that we sure as hell aren't going to sort it out. We never should have gone there in the first place except to rampage through until we defeated our enemies. After that, keeping out of their business and keeping them out of our business seems to be the obvious path for us.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Really. The only Muslim I know personally came here from Turkey with nothin' and now has five Subways worth $2,000,000. Did you notice that the U.S. prison population is about 25% Mexican?
Tax free government loans are great for muslims and the rest of foreigners that receive them too... As for the Mexicans. I have been in the agriculture industry for many years now. The majority of them that have ever worked for me were some of the hardest working people I have ever seen. We would be working 110hr weeks and they would ask if they could stay on a cleanup crew to get even more hours. When I just left my job right before I came here to Montana, there were about 6-8 of them that wanted to come with me. When I left the company, there were more than a dozen that left to go work somewhere else... Now, with that said. The ones I am talking about are in small towns with not much crime going on.. When you start getting into the cities where crime is prevalent, you will see more minorities getting into trouble with the law..

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
This forum is supposed to be about survival. However when the truth about Islam, Obama and terrorism is posted it is removed. Yet you people will go on and on about imaginary risk.
Palmetto,

All risks are imaginary. Until they come to fruition. That is why we prepare. I have car insurance that I have never used. But I prepare for the risk, that up and until right now, has been imaginary. I like to make informed choices. Those informed choices come from research which leads to a huge game of "probabilities". I narrow that down to "most likely" to occur. Then I broaden that scope and say "could occur" followed by "potential to occur, but with any luck, won't". Then there are things I consider "too far out for me to worry about". But even those things are very real to others. And I can't, nor will I fault them for that. Hell, if that "far out" thing never occurs, they'll probably be better prepared than most of us, especially for the minor stuff.

I am not a doomer, TEOTWAWKI or Apocalyptic event subscriber. What would be the point if we're all gonna' die anyway? I do not necessarily worry about Nuclear meltdowns as I have no plants anywhere near me. Others do. It's a legitimate concern. It has happened more than once. I do subscribe to the small chance that we could potentially experience some WROL or other societal upheaval. People are tired of the government. We experience riots, however, most of these activities are purely criminal driven, short lived and do not necessarily revolve around the government. ??? I know that there is the potential for additional terrorist attacks. But I don't feel the impacts on everyday life, i.e. mass power outages, food shortages, lack of medical care etc., will be affected.

What I can count on, are more locally focused events in MY area; short term power outages, short term severe weather events, flooding, geologic events (though rare here, earthquakes and way less likely, volcanic). The populace on my side of the Puget Sound is pretty mellow. We're a rural county, with our own problems of course, but not a whole lot of radical elements, unlike Seattle. I am fortunate that I don't really have to worry about big scale events, a true WROL situation, complete societal collapse or Terroristic Bio-Attacks. Were not big enough for anyone to really want to attack.

But the point is, information is key, whatever it is. It is up to us to disseminate that information and use what we find valuable, discard what we don't care about. That is the beauty of the "forum". If I don't like something or am just plain not interested, I move on or ignore it. On that same token, I do not believe threads should be removed unless they do not meet the forum requirements or are blatantly offensive (language/foul name calling), accusatory, inflammatory or a personal attack on a member of that forum. I joined this forum agreeing to accept the rules of the forum and be respectful of it's members. Fortunately, unlike family, if I don't like it, I can pick up and go elsewhere. Which I truly hope you don't do. you're one of us, you're one of "you people".

I enjoy the casual "political" conversations of this forum, but yes, it is based on Prepping. Which comes in many forms. Even if just intellectual.

Reactions: shotlady and KingM

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not a doomer or expecting a WROL situation, but here is how I look at it. What is the chance that civilization will continue without massive upheaval (major war, plague, natural disaster, civil strife, etc.) for the next 1,000 years. Pretty much zero. It has never happened before in any region, ever. In fact, you could make pretty much the same claim over a five hundred year period. Maybe we're in a more stable state than before, maybe not, but I'd say 500 years is the maximum period of peace you can expect without the a significant portion of the population dying in any given place on earth. That's five life spans. So in any given life span, I'd say there's at least a 20% chance of a massive collapse or catastrophe of some kind that will at least temporarily (and usually for years) make life very hazardous indeed.

I pay insurance money to guard against much smaller odds against fire or accidental death, so it's foolish not to insure against upheaval for the same reasons.

Most people in our country don't see this. Everything looks peaceful and wonderful and we've had an amazing run of peace in the U.S. since the end of the Civil War. Maybe the next 150 years will be more of the same. I'm going to prepare in case it's not.

·
Registered
354 Posts
We just think different and I'm glad. In a muslim country, it is considered ok to hit your wife, and so on. The American male ego wants that muslim man to try it on him so he can put him in the hospital. Think about it. If you walked up and saw a muslim man smacking around his old lady, what would you do? I'd probably knock the f***ing taste out if his mouth

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
bigdogbuc, my friend, you are camped out at what has to be one of the top 5 nuke strike targets on the planet. While an unlikely event, you can count on glowing for quite for some time if it ever happens.
Actually, I live close enough to the submarine base that I'd be a mere shadow left on a wall. And when I look out of my back window, I can see the shipyard, so I would literally be part of the hole. All depends on which hits first. Double dipped right there. So there is nothing for me to prepare for, nor worry about in that arena. Except making peace with my maker.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts