Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Associate yourself with men of good quality, for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company"- George Washington

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I already have too many folks around me of "good quality" - what I need in my life is girls of poor morals! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Associate yourself with men of good quality, for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company"- George Washington
That's something I learned a long time ago. I don't have the go with the crowd mentality and have been on my own for a long time, at least until recently.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
<sigh>

Let's not forget the women. The ones with good morals.
Absolutely.

"Meryll Frost - 'Most courageous athlete of 1945'": "As he received his trophy, the plucky quarterback unfolded the story of how he 'came back'. He said 'They say behind every great man there's a woman. While I'm not a great man, there's a great woman behind me.'"

There is a great woman beside me. She has put up with me for 25 yrs (this month btw) and we are still best friends. ::clapping::

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I spend a lot of time throughout the day flirting with my wife. After all we are still on our honeymoon - and I plan to keep it that way for at least the next twenty-five years.

On "Mother's Day" and on her birthday she gets the day off - to do whatever she likes. I do the cooking (like normal) but I also do the clean-up, clean the kitchen, mop the floors and all the things she would normally do. It wouldn't be a day off if we just postponed what she normally does. I get the same treatment on "Father's Day" and my birthday but I usually use the time to do things in my shop or the tasks that I hadn't had time to get to. It is a good way to remember just how much your partner does for you. (besides just putting up with my (not so) little idiosyncrasies.

My wife (like most men probably believe about their own) is a cross between a saint and an angel. A little girl and a lady and when we're alone she's all mine. I love her dearly.

Happy anniversary Inceptor and to your partner too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ah yes, thats why I have very few that I call "friends". I prefer quality over quantity myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts