Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone perusing through my personal book library might be surprised on what I have collected. Most of the items are for "light reading," other books might be in the "historical class." After all, lots of stuff was invented decades ago, and the answer to some problems might be the third book on the second shelf.

However, I really enjoy mysteries and action-adventure novels. As you know, I tried my hand at writing a book, and I can tell you, most authors aren't paid enough! I just finished a book by author Raymond Khoury. I picked this book up looking for just a romp, but I also learned about the history of Templars. If you like well written fiction, get a copy of "The Last Templar." Yes, it's great story, but you'll also learn a bit in spite of yourself!

Mr. Khoury has several other books out, and I'm hunting them down. The three books lauded are, "The Sanctuary, "The Sign" and "The Templar Salvation."

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Anyone perusing through my personal book library might be surprised on what I have collected. Most of the items are for "light reading," other books might be in the "historical class." After all, lots of stuff was invented decades ago, and the answer to some problems might be the third book on the second shelf.

However, I really enjoy mysteries and action-adventure novels. As you know, I tried my hand at writing a book, and I can tell you, most authors aren't paid enough! I just finished a book by author Raymond Khoury. I picked this book up looking for just a romp, but I also learned about the history of Templars. If you like well written fiction, get a copy of "The Last Templar." Yes, it's great story, but you'll also learn a bit in spite of yourself!

Mr. Khoury has several other books out, and I'm hunting them down. The three books lauded are, "The Sanctuary, "The Sign" and "The Templar Salvation."
I have always assumed your library was largely composed of Judy Blume books and knife catalogues.
Are You There God? It's Me, Margret, and I Can't Quite Get This Bevel Correct :vs_smirk:

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have always assumed your library was largely composed of Judy Blume books and knife catalogues.
Well, *sigh* you sure know how to rub it in. Judy and I have parted ways several years ago. But I felt guys like me have to always be the bigger man. BTW, if you ever attempt to tease Judy, do not go to her left! Yes, she carries a Sicilian stiletto, and yes, it used to be mine...:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehe!

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
And it's in the man's handbook. Real men don't read instructions but we are allowed to look at the pictures.

Gee, Inceptor, I envisioned you as kind of a button down, squeaky clean CIA Agent type. Yes, I know you are ensconced in your Constitution Book, but please, get a haircut. I've had to look at unkempt hair for years on Bascom Hill...

·
Super Moderator
8,603 Posts
And it's in the man's handbook. Real men don't read instructions but we are allowed to look at the pictures.

Gee, Inceptor, I envisioned you as kind of a button down, squeaky clean CIA Agent type. Yes, I know you are ensconced in your Constitution Book, but please, get a haircut. I've had to look at unkempt hair for years on Bascom Hill...
We are in basically a lock down. I don't need to cut or even comb my hair. I haven't even shaved in a week.

And no, I seriously doubt the CIA would have me. Too much of a contrarian. There are times when I should keep quiet to be PC. I don't do well in those situations.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And no, I seriously doubt the CIA would have me.
Yeah, I hear you. But take heart, this should make you smile.

When the local federales are looking for a guys who can "play the part," they often seek out bikers, and it makes sense. Police might offer the biker a deal for less jail time, and the cops get a guy with tattoos, scars and a city-wide rep.

Heck, I wished I could done some of this. I did summer work at a Milwaukee factory, and they had this "good guy" fixation that makes even their mothers gag. You couldn't get extra hours or Saturday morning fork-loading because they didn't want brass-hats to babysit trouble-makers.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
If I make it through a few of my good books before I die, I will be happy.

That dictionary has been so helpful , so I figured that I would show it, plus it has a copy of The Constitution in it. With the Bill of Rights and the other amendments. Plus The Declaration of Independence.

Attachments

Reactions: Annie

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait once. You mean there are pictures in new feature books? Oy, vey. First I have to learn how to navigate in a "new and improved forum," then I find out that I'm not the only one reading novels by Raymond Khoury. I've desperately tried not to be a cultured icon, but beauty is as beauty does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts